Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard is now going to have to be VERY clever here in terms of rotating the squad; who plays and who's rested?

We all know how important Mina is for the team but ironically he's probably the least capable player in terms of being able to play week in week out. So does Lampard decide to rest him for this one, or stick with him (thus risking him with fatigue/injury potentially missing out in the matches to follow?)

I'd go with:
Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan
Gordon Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon

Lampard is now going to have to be VERY clever here in terms of rotating the squad; who plays and who's rested?

We all know how important Mina is for the team but ironically he's probably the least capable player in terms of being able to play week in week out. So does Lampard decide to rest him for this one, or stick with him (thus risking him with fatigue/injury potentially missing out in the matches to follow?)

I'd go with:
Pickford
Doucoure Allan
Gordon Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon
I think we have a great chance here so I would be going with the strongest 11 we have...same as Chelsea for me - with Iwobi pushed into midfield.

I'd settle for a point. Leeds and Burnley are looking at this and hoping we'll get turned over.

I just can't see us winning at both Leicester and Watford, and many are looking at Watford as a banker.

If we did manage a win on Sunday then its our biggest result of the season IMO - not necessarily because Leicester are all that but they are a very decent side nonetheless and it is away. To follow-up Chelsea with another win, that would be two games in which many might have had us down for a point at most.

Win here and it's absolutely crushing for Leeds and Burnley, but we still need Leeds result in particular to go our way also. It's potentially the season turning point if we win here.

I'd go with:
Pickford
Doucoure Allan
Gordon Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon
Rondon???

Rondon???
As pointed out on MOTD2, we're (correctly) resorting to playing the long-ball now. We need someone to tussle and be an absolute nonsense with the Leicester back line and at the moment I think Rondon is best suited to do that. Unless he's 100% fit, DCL cannot be relied upon to do that as we've seen.

As pointed out on MOTD2, we're (correctly) resorting to playing the long-ball now. We need someone to tussle and be an absolute nonsense with the Leicester back line and at the moment I think Rondon is best suited to do that. Unless he's 100% fit, DCL cannot be relied upon to do that as we've seen.
No to Rondon, I'm sorry. Pass the football.

Its a bonus that they have Roma away less than 3 days before this fixture. I'm note sure if its an advantage to us if they win or lose that. Win and they might want to rotate the squad keeping their better players fresh. Lose and their season is over, so they might be less focused on getting a result. Either way, lets hope for extra time and pens!

I'd be delighted if Gray scored from one of his selfish runs against his old club.

Status
Not open for further replies.