Leadership (consoling Son) Poll

What should Coleman have done?

• Make every effort to console Son

• Focused on his own teammate and club

• Stay quiet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why he did it but I think it was the wrong call.
I hate the jovial attitude in the tunnel before the game too, i miss the Keane's viera type hatred. Nowadays it's all about seeing what mates you have on the opposition team and saying hi.
It's all become too nice and friendly to me.
Taking your premise a little further - If they're 'ALL' happy glad handing each other...why (if we are at all) are we the only team losing because of it?
Or aren't we.
You can't have it both ways.

Imagine a world when people are furious at people being decent humans.
The whole episode was unfortunate. Yes son was petulant but he didn’t mean to injure Gomes. He was clearly mortified when he realised what he did. Coleman acknowledges that fact.
If you can find a problem with this you are probably the kind of person that looks for things to be unhappy with on daily basis

Tbh the club are a soft touch. Remember when the rs lost Salah in the CL final. They were making lots of noise about this incident.

Awful poll. I'm sure Seamus talked/checked on Gomes and his teammates before going to talk to Son. Seamus is a good person

Lmfao this guy thinks he checked if it was ok with Gomes, in agony on morphine after being rushed to hospital, before he went in to the away team to tell Son it's fine to lunge in on our best player from behind.

Used to like Coleman but this stinks.

Imagine a world when people are furious at people being decent humans.
The whole episode was unfortunate. Yes son was petulant but he didn’t mean to injure Gomes. He was clearly mortified when he realised what he did. Coleman acknowledges that fact.
If you can find a problem with this you are probably the kind of person that looks for things to be unhappy with on daily basis

Yes brother let's accept a dirty challenge has potentially ruined or impacted a very tallented player and set a precedent for the future.

BRAIN ROT.

I reckon we should have released the starving hounds on Son after that challenge. Given the diet of the Koreans it has some delicious irony to it.

I also wonder what Coleman would think if the next in the list of captaincy for Ireland went and consoled Neil Taylor? Yes the challenge was far worse but least he made an attempt for the ball and I'm sure he didn't mean to break Coleman's leg. If he feels the same then he is a man of his convictions, if not then he should have left the Spurs players to do the soft shoulder to cry on away from the pitch.

Lmfao this guy thinks he checked if it was ok with Gomes, in agony on morphine after being rushed to hospital, before he went in to the away team to tell Son it's fine to lunge in on our best player from behind.

Used to like Coleman but this stinks.
I didnt say that at all mate. I meant coleman checked to see if GOMES was ok not if Gomes was okay with him talking to Son

Would preferred if Seamus went in and just landed Son with a haymaker

You have to stand up for your teammates and club.
Not for opponents. I would show opponents zero respect.

You can laugh and joke with them afterwards, defend them if something they did was wrong.
But only once you've beaten them out the gate.

I reckon we should have released the starving hounds on Son after that challenge. Given the diet of the Koreans it has some delicious irony to it.

I also wonder what Coleman would think if the next in the list of captaincy for Ireland went and consoled Neil Taylor? Yes the challenge was far worse but least he made an attempt for the ball and I'm sure he didn't mean to break Coleman's leg. If he feels the same then he is a man of his convictions, if not then he should have left the Spurs players to do the soft shoulder to cry on away from the pitch.

The difference is Neil Taylor wasnt ashamed or simply didnt care what he did to Coleman.

Say what you like about Son, but he had genuine concern.

Still think its a joke that Coleman is getting called all sorts for simply being a compassionate and civilised human being. I weep for the human race and it comes as no surprise when we have people like Boris Johnson and Donald Trump in positions of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.