2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I have watched loads of u23 games and he is a very talented player who you can often forget is on the pitch.

Reminds me a little of how Bale started in that he could do some amazing things but games could bypass him.

He needs to learn that he can take control of games and dictate the play.

A year at Forrest will do him no harm.
Had a good debut by all accounts

Same here. I have watched loads of u23 games and he is a very talented player who you can often forget is on the pitch.

Reminds me a little of how Bale started in that he could do some amazing things but games could bypass him.

comes back with Championship traits he'll need to scrape off more like it.

If he's away from here a season it just means he has a season catch up to do.

All that said I have absolutely no faith in this manager ever using him as a first team starter.

Probably a bit like how Harry Kane went on loan for a few seasons to lower league teams, developed bad habits which he couldn't get rid of and on his return to Spurs, failed on the big stage.

Imagine the player Beckham could have been if he wasn't sent on loan to Preston. United ruined him.

Davek you are beyond parody by claiming young players are ruined by being sent out on loan.

As an aside I remember you always being angry about Bill Kenwright. I assumed now that Moshiri is running the club you would be happy with life. But you are the type of person who just needs to be outraged by something- anything! Give yer head a wobble lad.

Any chance we can keep him gents? He came on last night with a half hour left and frankly looked a class above anyone else. Deft touch, subtle, managed to roll off the not-so-subtle Millwall brutality, always seemed to have time, lovely little link play etc etc was unlucky with a good shot as well.
I think I can say we're very excited to have him and on that showing, I can see why many of you guys would have preferred him to stay for this season. He's (hopefully) gonna be massive for us and I'll be crying when you buggers have him back. Peace

His shooting ability and movement with the ball is natural.

His tendency to drift out of games and his overall strength is in question. Those things can be worked on and developed. Ideally playing week in week out which would be difficult here. He has been given every chance to work on those attributes and return ready for the 1st team.

Osman and Coleman benefited hugely from a similar experience.
Nope. He can do all that here. What does he have to go out for to do that? He's 19. No one expects him to be getting a starting place each week here in his position. His development has to be taken slowly and we have more than enough games this season to have given him a dozen run outs in the first team. Your belief that he does is completely snookered by other examples of players (Davies being one) who never went out on loan to the Championship to develop.

You're just backing up a wrong headed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.