2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol one of the worst decisions in recent memory lol

I've watched him a good few times the last 3/4 years and the kid has got quality but he can massively let games just drift him by. Going out on loan is fantastic for him AND for us because he's getting real experience and all being well he will come back a better player.
comes back with Championship traits he'll need to scrape off more like it.

If he's away from here a season it just means he has a season catch up to do.

All that said I have absolutely no faith in this manager ever using him as a first team starter.

All that said I have absolutely no faith in this manager ever using him as a first team starter.

Well you've got no faith in this manager full stop so you should just park yourself in that thread tbh

So wouldn't it be better for him to play at a higher level to find out if he could cut it.

He's not going to play at Everton much, nor should he.

lol one of the worst decisions in recent memory lol

I've watched him a good few times the last 3/4 years and the kid has got quality but he can massively let games just drift him by. Going out on loan is fantastic for him AND for us because he's getting real experience and all being well he will come back a better player.

Same here. I have watched loads of u23 games and he is a very talented player who you can often forget is on the pitch.

Reminds me a little of how Bale started in that he could do some amazing things but games could bypass him.

He needs to learn that he can take control of games and dictate the play.

A year at Forrest will do him no harm.

Wow. What a terrible take. He'll get a TON of game time in the Championship and get better as a player. That's why he's there. He's not as good as Rooney, Klaseen, Siggy (when he's here), or whoever else we can put in his spot.

Sooooo...would you rather have him sit on the bench most of the year with a couple appearance or go to Forrest and get better to the point where we could slot him in? Duh. No brainer, great move.
Isn't there a statistic that says only one player in the England starting team didn't go on loan to a lower league club. They almost call had to go on loan to broaden their talent at least once.

His shooting ability and movement with the ball is natural.

His tendency to drift out of games and his overall strength is in question. Those things can be worked on and developed. Ideally playing week in week out which would be difficult here. He has been given every chance to work on those attributes and return ready for the 1st team.

Osman and Coleman benefited hugely from a similar experience.

Same here. I have watched loads of u23 games and he is a very talented player who you can often forget is on the pitch.

Reminds me a little of how Bale started in that he could do some amazing things but games could bypass him.

It will do him the world of good mate won't it. Worst case scenario, he s not good enough for us and he carves pit a great career for himself.

I'm just not having anyone say this was some kind of monumental mistake in giving the kid a chance to play proper football where it matters week in week out.

One of the worst decisions in recent memory this one. Everyone had him down for the first team but he's judged by probably the only other person who thinks the opposite as being not ready.

It's almost as if it were done in spite.[/]
:hayee::eek:lollollollollol He's Aughton's very own McGeady with a hint of Osman:pint2:

If you're right, good Lord we've got a player on our hands.

His shooting ability and movement with the ball is natural.

His tendency to drift out of games and his overall strength is in question. Those things can be worked on and developed. Ideally playing week in week out which would be difficult here. He has been given every chance to work on those attributes and return ready for the 1st team.

Osman and Coleman benefited hugely from a similar experience.
Please, he's CLEARLY going to learn bad traits in the Championship rather than playing for the U23s. That makes a lot of sense.

Messi learned all those terrible traits at Newell's Old Boys.

What's AMAZING about this take is that Barkley, who is Davek's savior went on loan not once but TWICE!

If Sigurdsson is deffo coming he'd have gotten next to no game time - outside of cup games and sub appearances.

4 competitions though mate. I'm having a hard time believing we're playing 11 or 12 outfield players all year. Plenty of match time available if you actually rate a player.

4 competitions though mate. I'm having a hard time believing we're playing 11 or 12 outfield players all year. Plenty of match time available if you actually rate a player.

With Rooney who can play there and all (I don't want him up front), Klaassen, and as it stands Barkley too.

tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

He could well play abar 30+ games for Forest.

I'd have liked for him to stay if he was gonna get plenty of game time, but don't think it's disastrous that he's been sent on loan.

With Rooney who can play there and all (I don't want him up front), Klaassen, and as it stands Barkley too.

tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

He could well play abar 30+ games for Forest.

I'd have liked for him to stay if he was gonna get plenty of game time, but don't think it's disastrous that he's been sent on loan.

I don't think it's disastrous for him. I think we'll wish he was here as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.