2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholeheartedly mate, but realistically he isn't getting a game there ahead of Rooney, Klassen or Gylfi.

He would have to play on the flank or at inside forward, similar to DCL.

He made his debut two seasons ago now at 18 and almost nothing since, its ominous for the lid.
He's been unlucky with managers. Martinez, for all of his faults, would've played him by now. Koeman doesn't want to know. Whilst Koeman is here he's better off out on loan. If he's handled right he could develop into something special. Unfortunately I don't Koeman is that manager.

He's been unlucky with managers. Martinez, for all of his faults, would've played him by now. Koeman doesn't want to know. Whilst Koeman is here he's better off out on loan. If he's handled right he could develop into something special. Unfortunately I don't Koeman is that manager.
Thats quite an indictment. Are you trying to say Dowell is so bad that Martinez would have wanted him in his starting lineup, along with the likes of Niasse and Cleverly?

Ouch. I think thats too harsh.

Have you considered that maybe hes just not that good.

I tend to agree. However I would add I don't think he's a wide player. Yes he can play there but to me he's a number 10. When I've seen him play he really comes to life when he's moved into the middle. He find spaces between the lines, he's got an excellent football brain and has got a great eye for a pass. He also knows where the net is. He's basically the number 10 that people thought Barkley was. He's a real talent in my opinion.
This X 10000000. He's a #10. DCL is a #9. Play them there.

Let me be clear. I'm not anti Koeman. I just disagree in the case of Dowell and especially Kenny. If we finish 7th again what was the point of all this?

What I hate is publicly saying top 4 shouldn't be our goal, that's a bridge too far. Then essentially acting like were Chelsea and couldn't possibly risk playing these lads because it's too big a risk. Which is it? Because if we're not finishing in the champions league places I sure as hell want to see them play and develop like Davies did last year. Doing neither will piss me off to no end.

Let me be clear. I'm not anti Koeman. I just disagree in the case of Dowell and especially Kenny. If we finish 7th again what was the point of all this?

What I hate is publicly saying top 4 shouldn't be our goal, that's a bridge too far. Then essentially acting like were Chelsea and couldn't possibly risk playing these lads because it's too big a risk. Which is it? Because if we're not finishing in the champions league places I sure as hell want to see them play and develop like Davies did last year. Doing neither will piss me off to no end.

If he's as good as you think he is he will star in the Championship and will fight for a place next season at the ripe old age of 20. For me he will likely be first choice down there. He would be a complete fringe player for us IMO.

Ronny hates the kids.

If he's as good as you think he is he will star in the Championship and will fight for a place next season at the ripe old age of 20. For me he will likely be first choice down there. He would be a complete fringe player for us IMO.

Davies went from being a fringe player to a nailed on starter in less than 6 months. Is all I'm saying.

I'm actually more pissed about Kenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.