2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
stock-photo-young-handsome-muscular-man-bodybuilder-posing-in-the-studio-on-a-white-background-472313074.jpg

Dowell after his loan stint at Nottingham. Left a child but will return a manchild

That was quick. By the time he gets back here he'll be knocking seven shades out of Connor McGregor then.

I noted early on in preseason that he had bulked out a little, 12months of regular game time will do him the power of good, come back a real weapon we can use next season.

I would say that corner routine that Dowell initiated came from USM FF training ground . Our u18s did exactly the same between Scully and Anthony Gordon, scoped over defender for attempt at goal, it was in the televised tournament in Prague. Can't believe they had time to practice it , so would seem Kieran told him what he was going to do , either way it was impressive to initiate that when he's barely settled into the team.
Pretty sure the lads been extremely frustrated by what's gone on and he's very keen to show what he can do. Our loss is Forests gain.

Have to laugh at people thinking a championship loan is a bad thing.
Playing against physical, aggressive, lower quality defenders doesn't curb your skill, technique and creativity, quite the opposite.
You learn when and where to use it, not just doing tricks for the sake of it like a mcgeady

It's almost like he's been sold.
Time will tell whether it is a good decision or not. He had a good debut by all accounts but, as most of us know, he is just as likely to be anonymous in his next game.

The Forest fans seems to be very appreciative of his silky skills, which is probably something they're not that used to in the Championship so will quite novel to them. But I think in the longer term, it will be his ability to affect games that will determine whether he earns/keeps a regular place in the starting XI. If the team are struggling, it's usually the flair players that give way to perceived hard workers when the going gets tough.

Keep our fingers crossed it works out well for him.

Has he toughened up yet?
Quotes from Kieran Dowell himself (in January):
“I’d love to go out on loan,” the 19-year-old said.
“Speaking to the first-team players, the majority of them have come from a lower team, for example Bainsey has come to Everton from Wigan and you see Ross going on loan and Seamus as well.
“They have all recommended that it’s the right thing to do if you’re not in the first-team at the moment.
“I think it would make me a man, so to speak. If I went on loan I think I’d realise that it matters a lot more because people are playing to play their mortgages and bonuses so you have to be counted on.”
He added: “Seeing Tom doing stuff like he did at the weekend, and Mase (Mason Holgate) as well, it shows that there is a path there for you and the club want you to come through.
“It definitely makes you hungrier to get there and do the same.

But OK...

Quotes from Kieran Dowell himself (in January):
“I’d love to go out on loan,” the 19-year-old said.
“Speaking to the first-team players, the majority of them have come from a lower team, for example Bainsey has come to Everton from Wigan and you see Ross going on loan and Seamus as well.
“They have all recommended that it’s the right thing to do if you’re not in the first-team at the moment.
“I think it would make me a man, so to speak. If I went on loan I think I’d realise that it matters a lot more because people are playing to play their mortgages and bonuses so you have to be counted on.”
He added: “Seeing Tom doing stuff like he did at the weekend, and Mase (Mason Holgate) as well, it shows that there is a path there for you and the club want you to come through.
“It definitely makes you hungrier to get there and do the same.

But OK...
...all before he had - and took - his chance this summer.

...all before he had - and took - his chance this summer.
So when he said he was happy to go on loan before this summer it is invalid because he 'took his chance' this summer.

And when he said he was happy to be on loan this summer it is invalid because 'what else could you expect him to say'?

Status
Not open for further replies.