2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
..i’m a huge fan but I have no qualms if he is moved on. Ultimately, these lads have to force their way into the managers thoughts. Lookman has, Dowell hasn’t. It’s the way things work.

Oh I’m a fan of him too just think he’s letting himself down with the chances he’s been given so far.

Needs to play simple as that. Hopefully he will go somewhere and start getting games at this moment there are 5 players ahead of him for the positions behind the striker. He also looks to be the type of player who needs a run to get his best form not a few minutes at the end if a game so I don't even think he would make an effective sub. Rangers would be an interesting one as the standard up there is similar to the Championship but he would be in a strong team so would see plenty of the ball.

...increasing reports about him moving on loan to Rangers in January. If this is true, he’s clearly failed to convince Marco Silva.

Would be another poor loan out.

Learn nothing about the lad at a Celtic or Rangers in that league, and they'll pay tuppence if he does well.

That's the one criticism I have of Brands - outbound loan transfers. Bolasie, Vlasic...

Learn nothing about the lad at a Celtic or Rangers in that league, and they'll pay tuppence if he does well.

That's the one criticism I have of Brands - outbound loan transfers. Bolasie, Vlasic...

...I think the Bolasie situation is different to Dowell. I’m sure he’d have preferred to move Bolasie out permanently but the only way he could get him off the books was via a loan.

I think they were in a quandary with Dowell, his contract was running down and he’d largely impressed at Forest. Dowell said he wouldn’t entertain another loan, the options were to sell or extend contract. A contract extension nullified the risk but it seems the lad hasn’t convinced Silva. Sadly, I imagine a loan will put him on the market.

On a serious note mate who would have taken bolasie after watching him last season in the prem? You need someone stupid enough to pay his big wages ( villa stepped up )
And vlasic your probably right but at least they were in the champions league so that was a test

Whats there to learn?

Whether he's good enough in a competitive league to offer Everton something. The SPL for Rangers is not to the standard/competitive to draw any worthwhile conclusion. Similar to Vlasic.

He looked alright at Forest, he stopped playing because the season was over by way of play off and Karanka knew he had no chance of signing him permanently.

Rangers be a good loan for him. Learn from Gerrard get his confidence back because he should be smashing that league

Confidence back for what? To come back to Everton and not get a sniff?

...I think the Bolasie situation is different to Dowell. I’m sure he’d have preferred to move Bolasie out permanently but the only way he could get him off the books was via a loan.

I think they were in a quandary with Dowell, his contract was running down and he’d largely impressed at Forest. Dowell said he wouldn’t entertain another loan, the options were to sell or extend contract. A contract extension nullified the risk but it seems the lad hasn’t convinced Silva. Sadly, I imagine a loan will put him on the market.

On a serious note mate who would have taken bolasie after watching him last season in the prem? You need someone stupid enough to pay his big wages ( villa stepped up )
And vlasic your probably right but at least they were in the champions league so that was a test

As I said at the time, at 29 - they should have kept him and allowed for a Premier League (or Championship chasing) panic buy in January. Someone would have stumped up.

Sure, we saved a few quid on his wages - but we've lost than in transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.