2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://soccersouls.com/2018/11/19/...-of-favour-everton-youngster-could-work-well/
https://soccersouls.com/2018/11/19/...-of-favour-everton-youngster-could-work-well/

Why Wigan Athletic should sign Kieran Dowell on loan in January

Kieran-Dowell-2.jpg

According to a report from Liverpool Echo, Everton are planning to hold talks with starlet Kieran Dowell over a potential loan move in the New Year.

The 21-year-old midfielder has made only two appearances for Evertonthis season. He has struggled to break into the first-team at Goodison Park under Marco Silva after a hugely successful loan spell with Nottingham Forest in the Championship last season.
Kieran Dowell excelled during his spell with Nottingham Forest, registering 10 goals and 5 assists in 43 appearances across all competitions. With regular first-team opportunities tough to come by, Everton would be wise to loan out their academy graduate in January.

Another loan move away from Everton could work very well for Kieran Dowell and Wigan Athletic should consider making a January swoop for him.
Wigan Athletic have done well following their return to the Championship this season. The Latics won the League One last season, thereby earning direct promotion to England’s second-tier.

Kieran-Dowell-3-1024x538.jpg

A number of signings were made in the summer as Wigan manager Paul Cook bolstered his squad to sustain the challenges of Championship football.

But Wigan could find themselves in trouble should they lose Nick Powell midway through the campaign. Nick Powell has already attracted interest from RB Leipzig and with his contract up at the end of the season, a move away seems very likely for the former Manchester United man.

Powell is Wigan’s top-scorer this season and should he leave, it would be a huge blow for Cook and his team. The 24-year-old is their talisman. He’s sensational on his day and interest from RB Leipzig means Cook has to chalk out a potential replacement soon.
It would be definitely tough for the Latics to replace their star performer but they would get a readymade replacement in Kieran Dowell, at least on a temporary basis.

A classy operator of the ball, Dowell is capable of playing in a number of positions across the midfield. He can play in central midfield but is best suited for the No.10 role, similar to Nick Powell’s position at Wigan.

Kieran-Dowell-1.jpg

The 21-year-old is a technically gifted player who excels at distributing the ball. He can bring creativity in the final third and can put in hard yards defensively as well.

As Dowell is not getting the opportunity to play at Everton, he needs to move on temporarily to seek regular game time in order to aid his development. And at Wigan, he would have a good chance of getting regular playing chances under Paul Cook.
So, this is a move which would work well for all the parties involved.

Dowell was excellent for England U21, running the show and setting up a goal with an excellent cross.

Feel a move to Germany would suit him more than the Championship.

Dowell was excellent for England U21, running the show and setting up a goal with an excellent cross.

If Gylfi can't go he should get his shot this weekend. Otherwise we need to let him go and have a chance elsewhere. Obviously he shouldn't be playing ahead of Gylfi which is unfortunate because I do think he has talent for this level.

That would be a good move. Either there or to one of the top Dutch clubs to build up decent relationships.

If Gylfi can't go he should get his shot this weekend. Otherwise we need to let him go and have a chance elsewhere. Obviously he shouldn't be playing ahead of Gylfi which is unfortunate because I do think he has talent for this level.

I like the lad, I think he's got plenty of talent it's just a matter of fitting him in at the right time, agreed if Gylfi is not fit we could maybe put him on the bench as a good option, he was impressive tonight with the England U21's.

Do you mean permanently or on loan?

I only ask because while I’m sure a loan move to Germany would benefit him personally - in that I think he’d do well there - I’m not sure it would necessarily benefit us too much. I think lookman is all the proof we need that going away and doing well in a totally different league with a different way of playing doesn’t necessarily prepare you particularly well for the PL.

I think it’s coming go make or break time for dowell now. If he can’t even establish himself as a squad regular between now and the end of the season, you’d have to start thinking he’s missed his chance.

Do you mean permanently or on loan?

I only ask because while I’m sure a loan move to Germany would benefit him personally - in that I think he’d do well there - I’m not sure it would necessarily benefit us too much. I think lookman is all the proof we need that going away and doing well in a totally different league with a different way of playing doesn’t necessarily prepare you particularly well for the PL.

I think it’s coming go make or break time for dowell now. If he can’t even establish himself as a squad regular between now and the end of the season, you’d have to start thinking he’s missed his chance.
I reckon he will be sold in the summer
The loan move if it happens may be s precursor to this
It would be putting him in the shop window so to speak
Rumour has it that Cook will be replaced by Unsworth so maybe the rumour of a loan move to Wigan has some truth

Status
Not open for further replies.