2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he sees a very talented 21 year old with potential.;)
Works for me.
He needs a run of games, higher than U23 level
But he wont get them here unless there's a major injury crisis AND for Silva to play him, not to play somebody...anybody...a 'safe but limited pair of hands' as it where. But has the guts to play him and let him 'learn by doing' and/or sink or swim.

Won't happen.

Works for me.
But he wont get them here unless there's a major injury crisis AND for Silva to play him, not to play somebody...anybody...a 'safe but limited pair of hands' as it where. But has the guts to play him and let him 'learn by doing' and/or sink or swim.

Won't happen.

does with davies tho.

he keeps morgan out the team presently

does with davies tho.

he keeps morgan out the team presently
Morgan keeps morgan out of the team by being barely average on his best day
If all thing are 'equal'...like Davies and Dowell maybe why doesn't he play Dowell for the extra skill/creativity.
He see Davies as the lesser risk of 2 similar replacements for Morgan...my safer, but limited pair of hands
Hence the gamble on Gomes to replace the 3 of them
Schneiderlin will be moved on
As a stand by replacement Dowell will have a 35% chance of staying viz a viz Davies...
If Gomes flops that him for the chop too...he's on loan isn't he

Works for me.

Won't happen.
Yeah said this myself. Only chance he has really after the fallout of the league cup exit is to give him 30 mins from the bench in some games when we are in a comfortable position. Or even when we need to break down teams that park the bus. He has the ability to do something special as we all know.

Think Dowell was too quick to rule out another loan personally. I’ve seen his comments today about being frustrated by the lack of opportunities but in his brief cameo(s) he hasn’t done enough for me, I’d say he’s a way behind Lookman in being effective and influencing games and that’s saying something. The form Gylfi is in also makes in unlikely he’ll play in anything other than the early rounds of the FA cup.

The bundesliga on loan would suit him IMO as it’s an open, quick league that would let him build his confidence and showcase his attacking talent.

Think Dowell was too quick to rule out another loan personally. I’ve seen his comments today about being frustrated by the lack of opportunities but in his brief cameo(s) he hasn’t done enough for me, I’d say he’s a way behind Lookman in being effective and influencing games and that’s saying something. The form Gylfi is in also makes in unlikely he’ll play in anything other than the early rounds of the FA cup.

The bundesliga on loan would suit him IMO as it’s an open, quick league that would let him build his confidence and showcase his attacking talent.
And if somebody rates him enough to make an offer, he'll be sold...if he'd go that is.

Just think, 22M and thats the Acadamy paid for for a few seasons... not that anybody would pay a penny over 10M

100%

Status
Not open for further replies.