2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be another poor loan out.

Learn nothing about the lad at a Celtic or Rangers in that league, and they'll pay tuppence if he does well.

That's the one criticism I have of Brands - outbound loan transfers. Bolasie, Vlasic...
James Maddison did pretty well “ in that league” when on loan to Aberdeen , his first real breakthrough and his career took off in the SPL.

Would be another poor loan out.

Learn nothing about the lad at a Celtic or Rangers in that league, and they'll pay tuppence if he does well.

That's the one criticism I have of Brands - outbound loan transfers. Bolasie, Vlasic...

The one thing I would say is this.

The kid's issues are not ability. They are at imposing himself and mental toughness.

Playing for the old firm is serious pressure and a real goldfish bowl. Yes the standard is dross, but he would be under enormous scrutiny. I can see the merits tbh.

Whether he's good enough in a competitive league to offer Everton something. The SPL for Rangers is not to the standard/competitive to draw any worthwhile conclusion. Similar to Vlasic.

He looked alright at Forest, he stopped playing because the season was over by way of play off and Karanka knew he had no chance of signing him permanently.

Confidence back for what? To come back to Everton and not get a sniff?

As I said at the time, at 29 - they should have kept him and allowed for a Premier League (or Championship chasing) panic buy in January. Someone would have stumped up.

Sure, we saved a few quid on his wages - but we've lost than in transfer fee.

..I read an article today that Bolasie is starting to really impress at Villa and that Everton could reap the dividend in the Summer. I suppose only time will tell if loaning him was the right thing to do.

I reckon he will be sold in the summer
The loan move if it happens may be s precursor to this
It would be putting him in the shop window so to speak
Rumour has it that Cook will be replaced by Unsworth so maybe the rumour of a loan move to Wigan has some truth
Brisan 123, I would say that is a massive rumour, maybe a 1,000,000 to one rumour, have a pound on it, Cook is one of the top managers outside the premier league and not far from that. Unsworth is erm erm. Unsworth.

Whether he's good enough in a competitive league to offer Everton something. The SPL for Rangers is not to the standard/competitive to draw any worthwhile conclusion. Similar to Vlasic.

He looked alright at Forest, he stopped playing because the season was over by way of play off and Karanka knew he had no chance of signing him permanently.

You're being harsh on the Scottish league, probably a typical english view.
If you do a bit of research you'd see the quality is better than you think and this season is the most competitive it's been in ages.

If you do a bit of research you'd see the quality is better than you think and this season is the most competitive it's been in ages.

Is it better than the Championship? I don't think so.

Frankly, until Dowell provdes it at the Championship level and ideally an even higher level OR blows us away in training, he shouldn't be considered at Everton.

Haway lad we took pretty much the 2nd best player at Hibs and he’s been very underwhelming in league one it’s safe to say the SPL is mainly bottom half championship/top half league one level

Rather he not go to them lot like but it could be good for him competing for a title in front of 40 odd 50 thousand while perhaps picking up a thing or two from Gerrard. Think what would be best for him is a transfer abroad though, somewhere where his lack of physicality won't matter as much, because technically he's very impressive and could be an asset to a lot of clubs.

Is it better than the Championship? I don't think so.

Frankly, until Dowell provdes it at the Championship level and ideally an even higher level OR blows us away in training, he shouldn't be considered at Everton.

Exactly this.

To be fair to the lad, he slotted 10 in 43 for Nottingham Forest.

That's not too far away from James Maddison's record for Norwich.

Confidence back for what? To come back to Everton and not get a sniff?

As I said at the time, at 29 - they should have kept him and allowed for a Premier League (or Championship chasing) panic buy in January. Someone would have stumped up.

Sure, we saved a few quid on his wages - but we've lost than in transfer fee.

You name a team on the prem who could afford bolasie wages that he would be remotely close to getting a game for?

Villa On paper should be championship chasing. Theyeve just been crud

You name a team on the prem who could afford bolasie wages that he would be remotely close to getting a game for?

Villa On paper should be championship chasing. Theyeve just been crud

By Premier League panic buy (or Championship chasing), I'm referring to relegation threatened.

And all of them could afford his wages. Just like Villa are, and Middlesbrough offered.

He still a name in the game, an injury wouldn't have changed that. There were clubs queuing up to offer decent money for James McCarthy before his latest bad'un...

But then this is a thread about Kieran Dowell...

By Premier League panic buy (or Championship chasing), I'm referring to relegation threatened.

And all of them could afford his wages. Just like Villa are, and Middlesbrough offered.

He still a name in the game, an injury wouldn't have changed that. There were clubs queuing up to offer decent money for James McCarthy before his latest bad'un...

But then this is a thread about Kieran Dowell...

James McCarthy isn't a terrible football player though

Cardiff Huddersfield and brighton couldn't afford bolasie wages

Southampton signed a winger for big money ( turns out he's pretty poo as well )

Fulham strengthened the wings and have sessegnon

So still can't think of anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.