Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed by Neville and Osman. They've struggled at times but were very good yesterday. Also impressed with jagielka's distribution, he hoofed it a few times but mostly kept clam and kept it on the floor.

The one thing I will say about Neville is that his RB covering was very good. Clearly Neville's mental side is top notch as he's incredibly experienced at all the highest levels. But his body can't keep up. We weren't under the cosh too much and against better teams he does get exposed.

I really want the Coleman/Mirallas combination to be stuck with for now as it looks really good and at the same time quite different to our left flank -- more skill/pace than movement and incisive passing. Neville and Hibbert just don't get the best out of Kev at all.

The one thing I will say about Neville is that his RB covering was very good. Clearly Neville's mental side is top notch as he's incredibly experienced at all the highest levels. But his body can't keep up. We weren't under the cosh too much and against better teams he does get exposed.

I really want the Coleman/Mirallas combination to be stuck with for now as it looks really good and at the same time quite different to our left flank -- more skill/pace than movement and incisive passing. Neville and Hibbert just don't get the best out of Kev at all.

Don't get me wrong, mate. I don't want Nev starting any more. But he had a good game yesterday, covered for Seamus when he got forward and always presented himself for the easy pass when our players were under pressure and then fed Osman or Fellaini. Giving the stick I've given him for Newcastle and Swansea I felt I had to give him some praise when he did things right.

And agree entiely on Coleman/Mirallas. Work in progress yes but it's the most promising right hand side we've had in yonks. We need to give them more games and let them work our the kinks.

Don't get me wrong, mate. I don't want Nev starting any more. But he had a good game yesterday, covered for Seamus when he got forward and always presented himself for the easy pass when our players were under pressure and then fed Osman or Fellaini. Giving the stick I've given him for Newcastle and Swansea I felt I had to give him some praise when he did things right.

And agree entiely on Coleman/Mirallas. Work in progress yes but it's the most promising right hand side we've had in yonks. We need to give them more games and let them work our the kinks.

The other good thing about Coleman at RB is that if it works out long term, we won't need to buy a new RB. We could use whatever money we do have to sort out other areas of the team or improve squad depth. I'd kill for a proper central playmaker myself, but somehow it looks like we've sorted the perennial striker and right wing problems in the space of 6 or so months.

He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo. Not as good, obviously, and probably lacking that 'ping' in his long range shooting, but he's a goal threat, can dribble and moves well when he doesn't have the ball. I haven't seen any major problems with his tracking back and covering.

The other good thing about Coleman at RB is that if it works out long term, we won't need to buy a new RB. We could use whatever money we do have to sort out other areas of the team or improve squad depth. I'd kill for a proper central playmaker myself, but somehow it looks like we've sorted the perennial striker and right wing problems in the space of 6 or so months.

I've always said that we shouldn't buy a RB until Seamus got at least a proper run there. Would be great if we'd solved that problem for 100 grand.

And yeah I agree a replacement for, an aging, osman is the priority unless Moyes is willing to throw Barkley in there. With Rodwell sold and Fellaini killing it in the cahill role, we're very lightweight in CM. Could do with cover for Gibson too.

The guy on sky thought his cross for Osmans goal was awful, Jesus it hit jelevic. How could it have been a poor cross?

Thought it was a good ball myself. Just a tad behind Jelavic but a decent effort, nonetheless. Think the commentator was a tad unkind to Kev all game, really.

He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo. Not as good, obviously, and probably lacking that 'ping' in his long range shooting, but he's a goal threat, can dribble and moves well when he doesn't have the ball. I haven't seen any major problems with his tracking back and covering.

Was just saying this to my kopite Brother, he laughed when I said he reminded me of CR7.

his play for jelavic's first goal was simply class, didn't realise how good it was till i watched the highlights, definitely a contender for goal of the month. i think there is a lot more to come from him. think he would be better in felli's position, but he has great pace and dribbling so he's pretty much perfect on the right, especially as we don't really have any more options there. i still don't think he's 100% match fit and is still adapting so by jan time he will be absolute boss. also felli seems to be improving more and more with the ball at his feet, hit a few good long rangers yesterday, if he improves his finishing with his feet he really is the complete article

..belgians lads

Status
Not open for further replies.