Kenwright and Fergies Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian

Player Valuation: £225k
Apologies if this was posted already but I couldn't find it....but this is Fergie talking about the negotiations to sign Rooney....

IT was August 2004 and we had just played Everton. Bill Kenwright was crying. Sitting in my office,
crying. Present were David Moyes, David Gill, Bill and me. As we studied the Everton chairman in his
sorrow, he announced that he would like to make a call. Through his tears, Bill said: ‘I’ll need to
phone my mother.’
‘They’re stealing our boy, they’re stealing our boy,’ he said down the line. Then he passed the
phone to me. ‘Don’t you dare think you’re getting that boy for nothing. That boy’s worth fifty million
pounds,’ said a female voice. Wonderful. ‘This is a trick, this,’ I laughed. ‘Is this a game?’ But it was
real. You had only to mention Everton to Bill to turn his taps on. He was a very likeable guy and
unapologetically emotional.
David Moyes was giving me the eyes. For a minute I thought it was a get-up, a performance. Bill’s
background was in theatre, after all. It occurred to me while all this was going on that I ought to check
Wayne’s medical records. Was there something physically wrong we had missed? Was this a ruse to
push the price up? My God, it was funny. Did the boy have one leg? Was I being lured into a gigantic
sting?

Reading this i was thinking 2 things....
1. What a clown!!
2. he really is a fanatic Evertonian. I don't doubt that this guys only consideration when making decisions is the good of the club, unlike most other Chairmen. Only problem is that he has no money and can't seem to attract investment.

Reading that I think:

a) what a [Poor language removed] Kenwright is

b ) what a snide Moyes is (rolling his eyes for SAFs sake and stabbing his own boss in the back)

I believe this field has previously been ploughed...it's fallow ground now.

SAF can go and do one as far as I am concerned...and so can his bum-boy Moyes

Just an observation in that book also, Sir Alex mentions earlier about Rooney and it would seem truthful anyohw. It read something like' we tried at 14, then again at 16, finally we made the deal at 17'. If true then we sold him for all intents and purposes 2 years earlier!

Makes you wonder if the last minute sale was as set up as it seemed.

Where's our 50 million BK? a total gift to UNT aided by Walter Smith do not forget his role as a cosy assistant manager to broker the deal! Soon ended when Rooney signed cynical or a spot on guess on that convenient appointment by Unt!????

"I'd love it" Kevin Keegan style if Rooney ****s that lot over upon leaving!

Even better if he declared his ambition to go home whilst telling moyes and Alex to swivel!

The problem with Wayne is that the media are his friend. No matter how well he plays or what he does the media sings his praises so they make him out to be some sort of entitled diety to this country.

Rooney will come home when the media stop making him think he is worth what United are paying him.

If they were 'stealing' my boy Bill, why did you accept £25m plus a few poxy add ons? As much as I loathe spurs and everything about them, I like Levys way of doing things, he told the world it would be a world record fee if anyone wanted Bale, everyone laughed at him ........

If they were 'stealing' my boy Bill, why did you accept £25m plus a few poxy add ons? As much as I loathe spurs and everything about them, I like Levys way of doing things, he told the world it would be a world record fee if anyone wanted Bale, everyone laughed at him ........

Because they ran and run the club like a whelk stall and needed a quick sale to hold off creditors. The fundamental reason Rooney went, from our end of things, was that Kenwright got control of the club without the wherewithal to make it stable. Talent had to be sold. He was just crying because Everton were getting mugged by United on price.

Just an observation in that book also, Sir Alex mentions earlier about Rooney and it would seem truthful anyohw. It read something like' we tried at 14, then again at 16, finally we made the deal at 17'. If true then we sold him for all intents and purposes 2 years earlier!

Makes you wonder if the last minute sale was as set up as it seemed.

No, that suggests to me that we actually rejected bids, not sold him earlier. If we'd done that then they wouldn't have come back later - do you think Ferguson would mess about like that?

As for the OP, we've discussed this at length upon publication, but I don't see what it proves, other than Man Utd's "give us yer dinner money" attitude towards everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.