Just one player short of a really quality side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is indeed all opinion, but how can a side that will most likely finish between 5th and 8th be deemed to be 'quality'?

We have an average side IMO, one that is littered with average players throughout.

We are hundreds of millions of pounds away from being Man City/Man United.. We have Baines that can compete in that regards and that's about it so by that rational we are about 15 players away from a quality side.
However I would consider us quality because we have been the best team in nearly every game we have played. That includes beating United, and should of beat either Arsenal or City.. dependent on whether you consider Pienaar/Arteta - Fellaini/Dzeko a foul or not.. either way should of won one of them.
I guess it depends on your idea of quality, for me, being the better team against ni on every one we encounter suggests we are quality, but with a couple of out of form players..

disappointed_gif_44556.gif

Honest to god

We are hundreds of millions of pounds away from being Man City/Man United.. We have Baines that can compete in that regards and that's about it so by that rational we are about 15 players away from a quality side.
However I would consider us quality because we have been the best team in nearly every game we have played. That includes beating United, and should of beat either Arsenal or City.. dependent on whether you consider Pienaar/Arteta - Fellaini/Dzeko a foul or not.. either way should of won one of them.
I guess it depends on your idea of quality, for me, being the better team against ni on every one we encounter suggests we are quality, but with a couple of out of form players..

For me, better sides score more goals than the opposition, rather than just claiming to be the better side despite not being able to win in more than half of our games.

Quality sides don't draw more than half their games, average ones do.

Pienaar and Osman, one we got for an average fee ( twice ) the other for free which is why they had shots at goal that turned out well....average.

Ive been really impressed with some of the QPR midfielders individually this season id have Tarrabt, Granero and Faurlin - no probs.

McCarthy at Wigan has also come on leaps and bounds - great player in there.

Lallana and Lambert would improve us as well, while that Rameriez lid with them is quality.

Been impressed with Pilkington, Hoolahan and Snodgrass at Norwich.

Just some not so obvious names with potential, i think could come in and be players for us on our limited budget.

Ive been really impressed with some of the QPR midfielders individually this season id have Tarrabt, Granero and Faurlin - no probs.

McCarthy at Wigan has also come on leaps and bounds - great player in there.

Lallana and Lambert would improve us as well, while that Rameriez lid with them is quality.

Been impressed with Pilkington, Hoolahan and Snodgrass at Norwich.

Just some not so obvious names with potential, i think could come in and be players for us on our limited budget.

sadly all of them are above our budget

What we needed are the following;

New Goalkeeper -- BUTLAND (Birmingham)
New ball playing centre back
Defensive midfielder -- Wanyama (Celtic)
Centre Forward -- Benteke

I think we need those 4 positions covered and possibly another wide player.

We have 2, also the players youve listed would probably cost about 45 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.