2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad some of youse yenno saying he's been crap

he is young for a first choice keeper at the top level and he is without a doubt playing behind the worst defence in the league every single week, no wonder sometimes his decision making is dodgy I wouldn't have any trust in my centre backs either because they are constantly putting him under pressure by being awful

he has been the ONLY shining like defensively for us this season, because if it wasn't for him we'd have conceded a lot less then we already have

I actually do think robles is half decent as well btw, but he is nothing compared to pickford, also looks like a bit of a gorm as well

mad some of youse yenno saying he's been crap

he is young for a first choice keeper at the top level and he is without a doubt playing behind the worst defence in the league every single week, no wonder sometimes his decision making is dodgy I wouldn't have any trust in my centre backs either because they are constantly putting him under pressure by being awful

he has been the ONLY shining like defensively for us this season, because if it wasn't for him we'd have conceded a lot less then we already have

I actually do think robles is half decent as well btw, but he is nothing compared to pickford, also looks like a bit of a gorm as well

I actually burst out laughing....

Pickford needs to calm down he gets excited too much dashes out when there is no need to & parries when he can catch.....needs to concentrate more on his angles, I have no doubt he will become a fantastic keeper but Unsworth needs to have a word...as I have said before...

We want a Spectacular keeper....
Not a keeper who makes saves look spectacular...

He'll do fine if he gets time with a good coach and defence. He's got loads of potential, and 2 good traits he has now are 1) he inspires confidence with his demeanour and style of play (even in spite of mistakes) and 2) makes some solid saves which should give confidence to the defence. The defensive unit of 4 or 5 players including the GK (if 3 at a back or 4 at the back) need to work together, and he's had bad luck of a really nervous Keane, and Williams and Jags not at the peak of their powers. Jags and Distin, Jags and Yobo, Lescott-Jags - these were decent , if not spectactular defensive pairings who made Howard look better, with Neville, Baines, Hibbo - all not spectacular but solid good team players. We just need a settled team. Pickford has caught Jags and Baines on the way down in their form, and Williams looking crap, and no solid back 4 at the club. Same problem Robles had, he could have been better with a run behind Jags and Distin in their best form.

Pickford is good. IF we don't look after him and improve him, he will be going to a top 4 club one day

It's a bit mad to think "yeah, as IF Robles could be better. Tit" when Robles HAS performed better with a worse defense. I'm not saying Joel is the top class keeper we need but Pickford makes a mistake and it's completely forgotten but same by Robles and he's a "liability". It's a bit of a daft double standard.

ay? when was this? are you saying our defence which finished 7th last season is worse than this?

It's a bit mad to think "yeah, as IF Robles could be better. Tit" when Robles HAS performed better with a worse defense. I'm not saying Joel is the top class keeper we need but Pickford makes a mistake and it's completely forgotten but same by Robles and he's a "liability". It's a bit of a daft double standard.

source.gif

We also had Coleman, Funes Mori and a non-finished Baines but alright mate crack on x
Bro? Baines has been finished for 2-3 years he's playing no differently to last season where he was also crap

Edit: also 90% of everton fans think mori is a walking liability on the pitch

Bro? Baines has been finished for 2-3 years he's playing no differently to last season where he was also crap

Edit: also 90% of everton fans think mori is a walking liability on the pitch

Mate, Jagielka was completely finished last season but Baines was not, he was obviously on the decline, but you have an incredibly short memory if you think he was as bad last season as he has been this. He literally can't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.