2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's dreadful, absolutely woeful. Clearly not inspiring his defence with confidence as that's two consecutive relegation outfits that have leaked goals left right and centre that he's played for.

Robles has to be given a go at some stage if we keep shipping 2 or 3 a game as he cannot do any worse.

As much as i agree some of the goals he shouldn't be letting in, he is not having much help with the players infront of him. Both goals saturday could of and should of been prevented before even getting close to the goal!

He's dreadful, absolutely woeful. Clearly not inspiring his defence with confidence as that's two consecutive relegation outfits that have leaked goals left right and centre that he's played for.

Robles has to be given a go at some stage if we keep shipping 2 or 3 a game as he cannot do any worse.

not quite sure if your serious or not, if you are get in the bin

Didn't cover himself in glory for the second goal but it shouldn't have gotten to the point where it was able to come into the box anyway. He's also made a few other rash decisions re: coming off his line this season that I reckon is down to lack of faith in his CBs (And who can blame him?)

However, personally I think anyone calling for Robles to replace him needs to have their head examined.

He is good, very good... but thats doesn't mean he is not immune to criticism.

He has done lots good things - but equally plenty of bad too.
This is it in a nutshell. He's been alright in the main, a few excellent things and a few really bad things, but generally just pretty decent. I didn't expect him to be incredible straight away so I'm not surprised, but I find the way some people have to insist that he's absolutely fantastic to be really really bizarre.

This is it in a nutshell. He's been alright in the main, a few excellent things and a few really bad things, but generally just pretty decent. I didn't expect him to be incredible straight away so I'm not surprised, but I find the way some people have to insist that he's absolutely fantastic to be really really bizarre.

He is good and will be a top class goalie, its easy to see and some of the saves he makes are brilliant.

However like every player, he shouldn't be immune to criticism. One of my major gripes with him (and it was when he was at Sunderland) is how he pushes the ball out to dangerous areas after some of the saves he makes... this needs to be sorted in my opinion.

That might come with more coaching and be an age thing, but it needs ironing out quickly.

I'm a big Pickford fan, he's made mistakes and will no doubt make more mistakes as the season progresses and he'll rightly get criticised for them. I do feel for him quite a bit though with the defence he has in front of him being a complete shambles and offering him very little cover, with that said I still think he's done well given his age and the step up from Sunderland coupled with Everton being in a huge mess at the minute.

Didn't cover himself in glory for the second goal but it shouldn't have gotten to the point where it was able to come into the box anyway. He's also made a few other rash decisions re: coming off his line this season that I reckon is down to lack of faith in his CBs (And who can blame him?)

However, personally I think anyone calling for Robles to replace him needs to have their head examined.
As i stated when Pickford keeps ten clean sheets with virtually the same defenders of last season like Robles did pm me - I agree he is one for the future and is a great shot stopper - Robles stopped us sliding down the table last year no doubts just look at the run of clean sheets he had - Jags, and williams were the centre backs !
these Euro games now at least give him match practice as if Pickford became injured he would have at least some game time etc!

Let’s be honest. He’s been pretty crap since he joined us, would take some severe levels of delusion to suggest otherwise.

Everyone has been crap though which suggests it’s more to do with morale etc rather than ability.

Let’s be honest. He’s been pretty crap since he joined us, would take some severe levels of delusion to suggest otherwise.

Everyone has been crap though which suggests it’s more to do with morale etc rather than ability.

That's the mad thing about delusion.

Apparently I was deluded to think Joel was decent after coming into a struggling side, performing well, keeping clean sheets and seeing almost instant improvement in the teams defensive record... FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS... because his prior reputation was that he "has a mistake in him".

And now I'm deluded again in not being sure about a goalkeeper who is the one constant change to a defence that previously appeared to be fairly sound, someone who has proved to be quite reckless in decision making and has conceded boat loads of goals... FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE SEASONS... because he has a prior reputation of having "loads of potential".

Its almost like the evidence counts for nothing, and we should just ignore what we see and just go with the general consensus of the pundits and people on twitter.

He is good and will be a top class goalie, its easy to see and some of the saves he makes are brilliant.

However like every player, he shouldn't be immune to criticism. One of my major gripes with him (and it was when he was at Sunderland) is how he pushes the ball out to dangerous areas after some of the saves he makes... this needs to be sorted in my opinion.

That might come with more coaching and be an age thing, but it needs ironing out quickly.

That was always Timmy"s worst trait IMO

He would makle a logic defying stop but as often as not he pushed it straight into a central.zone where an inrushing attacker had a great chance to score

Status
Not open for further replies.