Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnydawg68 said: ↑

How about this? We paid around 37 million for Gana and Pickford over the last two years. Sound better?

Not really.

For 37m we managed to buy Lukaku, Arteta, Cahill and Besic.

Nobody can justify 30m for Pickford, its an insane amount of money for a still unproven GK.

But I honestly dont care how much he costs or what hes paid, as long as he does his job every week, thats all that matters to me.

I mean, sure, we could have waited, we could have had a sniff at that Croat at Genk for much less, we could have waited for City to give Hart away, we could have done all manner of things, but what we did was the most unEverton thing ever, we spoke to the club, we agreed a fairly high price and we got the deal done.

For years its what we have wanted, get the deal done Everton, for years we have walked away, gone for the cheaper option, but nope, not this time.

30m isnt even a lot in this market, chicken feed.

Bi-polar much mate?

What is Toff lid?

the deal for Pickford.

£22m up front, with possible add ons up to £30m (I'm sure that it will be reported as the highest possible fee to sensationalise it though).

In all seriousness, you happy with this deal?

I have my reservations, of course, but if we're willing to put our money where are mouths are on this, i trust Koeman's/Walsh's judgement. And there's no denying Pickford has all the attributes.

Right - but why do you care?
I care because they're our city rivals. I want to one-up them at every possible opportunity.

Whilst they're flip-flopping on deals, we actually seem to be doing business. I didn't expect this to happen. I wanted to enjoy a brief moment of doing something better than them.

the deal for Pickford.

£22m up front, with possible add ons up to £30m (I'm sure that it will be reported as the highest possible fee to sensationalise it though).

In all seriousness, you happy with this deal?

I have my reservations, of course, but if we're willing to put our money where are mouths are on this, i trust Koeman's/Walsh's judgement. And there's no denying Pickford has all the attributes.
not convinced at all mate for that sort of splurge , don't care if its 'spread' over a virgin's tits and ass tbh ! Just seems a hefty amount of cash for some bloke who's had a decent season and lets be honest, is a GOALKEEPER!!

not convinced at all mate for that sort of splurge , don't care if its 'spread' over a virgin's tits and ass tbh ! Just seems a hefty amount of cash for some bloke who's had a decent season and lets be honest, is a GOALKEEPER!!

Had we had a better goalkeeper last season, we'd arguably had finished in the top five.

So, I reckon it's worth whatever it takes to get the manager's top target in.

That target happens to be a very good 23-year-old who could easily have 10 or more years at the very top.

Worth the risk for a club like us, currently, I think.

People are always asking for 'statements'. This is as much of a statement signing that we could hope for at this time imo.

Ah yes, that dispensable position, one in which we have never seen the benefits of having a top player, and never seen the downsides of having a lack of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.