2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's little point taking criticism of him seriously on here or anywhere else. For many reasons, opinions on him of all players will be tainted.

Whether it's because of Origi in the derby, Van Dijk, the fact he's a northern lad at an unfashionable club, or whatever else, some will always have a go.

I mean even I haven't forgiven him for Origi. Don't think I ever will. Broke football for me that day.

There's little point taking criticism of him seriously on here or anywhere else. For many reasons, opinions on him of all players will be tainted.

Whether it's because of Origi in the derby, Van Dijk, the fact he's a northern lad at an unfashionable club, or whatever else, some will always have a go.

I mean even I haven't forgiven him for Origi. Don't think I ever will. Broke football for me that day.
It was awful and a horrendous mistake and it did feel like a physical pain it was that bad . I do think at certain times blues have had every right to question and criticise him but some of it , especially the England stuff , seems so agenda driven it frustrates me and combined with the last 5 or 6 months I think be deserves better .

He concentrates for England. He doesn't with Everton.

It's as simple as that.

He's not a true professional.

If he went and played for a team where every game made a difference to winning major trophies he might fulfill his potential as a GK. With us it's obvious he hasn't got that pressure, so he turns up with his A-game when he wants.

That ^^^ is bang on the money...even if I say so myself.
He will be a different player next season for Everton. A la England keeper...

Okay, Pickford has had a brilliant European Championship. But he is the GK in PL who has made the most mistakes that have led to goals since 2016 in PL, and by a good margin. So let's not be completely historyless.

If he can replicate the form during the European Championship in PL for Everton, then that's great. I doubt it, since history has a tendency to repeat itself. But by all means, congratulations on a good European Championship, and it would have been fantastic if he had played just as well for Everton.

General feeling on the BBC sport Hys
1626118462812.png

Okay, Pickford has had a brilliant European Championship. But he is the GK in PL who has made the most mistakes that have led to goals since 2016 in PL, and by a good margin. So let's not be completely historyless.

If he can replicate the form during the European Championship in PL for Everton, then that's great. I doubt it, since history has a tendency to repeat itself. But by all means, congratulations on a good European Championship, and it would have been fantastic if he had played just as well for Everton.
Not a very convincing statistic tbh. I imagine he’s probably played the most matches in that time as well. De Gea and Lloris are probably the only other keepers to come close

Very good this tournament and a decent last half to the last season.

I hope he can build on it. Understand the salesmen on here but I wouldn't be looking at anyone else with all the problems in the squad for other positions.

You may well be right.

Neither of us can prove the other wrong. I'm optimistic when I'm usually not, which tends to tell me that I'm right since I'm legit signalling against type. Math is probably on your side.

We'll just have to wait and see.
I have 5 years of evidence to prove me right. You have speculation.

what happened, you have came out in even more of a rage about Pickford than usual after the final, he's been good for England and good for Everton for months, his good performance's seem to have made you go a bit loopy again
On the contrary. I'm acknowledging he's a fine international GK.

He just cant translate that form into his Everton career and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.