2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford though makes save other keepers could only dream of, he has his faults but in some very important games for England he has been top class. The difference is Everton don’t ever get to the point they have very important games.
...which is why he's wasted here and most of us are tired of him.

Obvious solution: sell him

...which is why he's wasted here and most of us are tired of him.

Obvious solution: sell him
Are you thinking straight, he’s a very good keeper, this reason we haven’t had any success isn’t down to him it’s the majority of the out field players perform badly to often and poor manager choices. England have just got to the final and Pickford has been one of the best players and you want Everton to sell him, I can’t imagine fans of any other team that would say that.

Are you thinking straight, he’s a very good keeper, this reason we haven’t had any success isn’t down to him it’s the majority of the out field players perform badly to often and poor manager choices. England have just got to the final and Pickford has been one of the best players and you want Everton to sell him, I can’t imagine fans of any other team that would say that.
His England form bears no relation to his form at Everton, which has been outrageously bad in long spells...just consult his dedicated threads for the last few years on here.

Given that Donnaruma won player of the tournament, I think it should have easily been Pickford who took home that award instead. Fantastic tournament, and player of the tournament (if they're insistent on giving it to a keeper, at least give it to the correct one).

His England form bears no relation to his form at Everton, which has been outrageously bad in long spells...just consult his dedicated threads for the last few years on here.
Everton have been awful most of the time for years, yes all players have had there faults. But imo defence and GK have only struggled as the midfield have been so bad that our defence is always under pressure meaning more mistakes will happen. Last 6 months Pickford has been very good for club and country so now we should sell him, I can’t believe I’m even hearing a fan say this. But each to there own I’m just glad you don’t make the decisions at Everton.

Given that Donnaruma won player of the tournament, I think it should have easily been Pickford who took home that award instead. Fantastic tournament, and player of the tournament (if they're insistent on giving it to a keeper, at least give it to the correct one).
Some fans want us to sell him, that Jorginho save was excellent and that save just before their goal, unbelievable stuff I can’t think of any others keepers that could have saved them.

Many here became frustrated with pundits who, in observing the national team, seemed intent on finding a reason to crucify him.

And when the PL season starts, many here will seem intent on finding a reason to crucify him.

We are one.

Many here became frustrated with pundits who, in observing the national team, seemed intent on finding a reason to crucify him.

And when the PL season starts, many here will seem intent on finding a reason to crucify him.

We are one.
Well I see it as a clean slate for Pickford he was good at the end of last season had a great Euros and now will come back with a new Everton manager in place, I’d like him to be our keeper for a very long time.

No mate, he is one of England's best players; he is one of our bang average players.

Are we forgetting here the tons of times that feller has been outrageously bad for Everton?
He has made some terrible mistakes for us. But not for the last few months of the season. At this point, he is one of only 5 or 6, at most, who I believe could be successful with Everton for years, if we keep them. He is certainly one of our best players imo, most of the others are bang average. But not Pickford, he’s been consistent for a while now. Why sell him now, when he’s been a good keeper for months?

He made 2 of the best saves I have ever seen in that final, a few gk accounts are analysing them and agree with how good they are.

the save on the Italy goal and the last oen save, simply world class.

He made 2 of the best saves I have ever seen in that final, a few gk accounts are analysing them and agree with how good they are.

the save on the Italy goal and the last oen save, simply world class.
unfortunately as the goal went in the save won’t get the credit it deserves defenders let him down. But add them saves to the outstanding save against Columbia is the world cup, not many keepers makes save like that.

He has made some terrible mistakes for us. But not for the last few months of the season. At this point, he is one of only 5 or 6, at most, who I believe could be successful with Everton for years, if we keep them. He is certainly one of our best players imo, most of the others are bang average. But not Pickford, he’s been consistent for a while now. Why sell him now, when he’s been a good keeper for months?
Buit Im judging him on ALL the 5 year period he's been here (bang average to appalling) not the good last 6 months of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.