2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been here 5 years.
I am asking did you see what he did the last 4/5months and you saying about his form and translate it etc, i know you say his form has been nothing for those 5 years no doubt, but he has been far more better than worst in his time here, and he may go on from this, but you seem to want him not to go better the way you keep saying about he will make mistake's this season-which no doubt most keepers will do as always-no one is perfect but Pickford always bounce's back

I am asking did you see what he did the last 4/5months and you saying about his form and translate it etc, i know you say his form has been nothing for those 5 years no doubt, but he has been far more better than worst in his time here, and he may go on from this, but you seem to want him not to go better the way you keep saying about he will make mistake's this season-which no doubt most keepers will do as always-no one is perfect but Pickford always bounce's back
His heart's not in this team.

All I'm saying is that 2 birds can be killed with 1 stone: sell him and he gets a club he can win trophies at and focuses 100%; we get cash to plough into the team - because it looks like the FFP thing is going to restrict spending this summer from other sources.

If we strengthen elsewhere it can be better for us.

Pickford wont perfom for us as he does consistently for England. If he did Ild have no problem with him. He's a bang average PL GK but a fine international GK.

We can get as good for much less than we'd take in cash for him.

Let's do that while his stock is high.
I agree that we need to strengthen elsewhere. Pickford is one of our best players. We need to stop selling our best players, or we will never improve. Have a re think, Pickford was good for us at the end of last season. On what planet does it make sense to sell him now??!!

I agree that we need to strengthen elsewhere. Pickford is one of our best players. We need to stop selling our best players, or we will never improve. Have a re think, Pickford has good for us at the end of last season. On what planet does it make sense to sell him now??!!
No mate, he is one of England's best players; he is one of our bang average players.

Are we forgetting here the tons of times that feller has been outrageously bad for Everton?

All I'm saying is that 2 birds can be killed with 1 stone: sell him and he gets a club he can win trophies at and focuses 100%; we get cash to plough into the team - because it looks like the FFP thing is going to restrict spending this summer from other sources.
Fair enough mate, I wouldn't be selling him myself at all and ive like last season said we only needed a number 2, but like you many probably would be wanting him sold - But time will tell how he does as ever like it does for all our players

You are not just saying that though are you Dave, you been slagging him no end throughout, I'm sure your kind would got Kendall sacked in 83!

Give it a rest and enjoy what an Everton player brought to the England team for once.

It's yawn inducing your constant negativity to those you take a dislike to.

* yet here I am again biting your baiting on GOT!

* You got me again you absolute scoundrel

No mate, he is one of England's best players; he is one of our bang average players.

Are we forgetting here the tons of times that feller has been outrageously bad for Everton?
Presuming you aren't saying the Everton squad is better than the England squad(because ya know, insanity etc) but you can't say he hasn't won us more points than he's lost us. Our best player this calender year by a mile

Presuming you aren't saying the Everton squad is better than the England squad(because ya know, insanity etc) but you can't say he hasn't won us more points than he's lost us. Our best player this calender year by a mile
I can say he's never put in a perfiopance where I thought: "he single handedly won us the points today".

We wouldn't miss him at all if we got another bang average GK in.

As a matter of interest, do we have any breakdown of points won with Olsen v points won with Pickford?

Kane should take a leaf out of Pickford book, Pickford was really up for it in the final Kane disappeared. Lots of others did in the second half.

I can say he's never put in a perfiopance where I thought: "he single handedly won us the points today".

As a matter of interest, do we have any breakdown of points won with Olsen v points won with Pickford?
No I don't have a breakdown. Just a memory of almighty saves in matches we won on the defensive. Anfield comes to mind.
Last year, bang average, agreed.
This year, v. good goalie imo

Pickford though makes save other keepers could only dream of, he has his faults but in some very important games for England he has been top class. The difference is Everton don’t ever get to the point they have very important games.

No I don't have a breakdown. Just a memory of almighty saves in matches we won on the defensive. Anfield comes to mind.
Last year, bang average, agreed.
This year, v. good goalie imo
Very good for half a seaosn because Olsen came in and placed pressure on him.

He's coasting here though. He wont feel any pressure (or motivation) to pull his finger out here given his decent Euro campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.