2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not even the tackle thats the cause of the wailing. 1) we were and remain above them. 2) they'd just been spotted by villa. 3) his loss is a significant blow to the rest of their season. 4) cumulatively this is just not how this is meant to go for their title defense.

Subconsciously they're terrified its all built on sand. And they're off and screeching....

Carlo needs to put his arm around Pickford and talk him through this nonsense. And I'm sure he will.

Dont get some of our own fans never mind there's, hoping we take him of of the team [when in hindsight] it just suits the ones moaning about not wanting him in the team lol-I doubt he will be took out the team at all [unless somehow he is given a ban for something that has been checked]

This will fast turn into a player welfare issue.
He's probably got door step security on his place tonight.

The likes of BBC, BT, Sky etc... and all of their so called expert pundits pushing the ‘assault’ agenda when it clearly wasn’t intentional is a disgrace tbh and it’s very dangerous. They only care about certain players welfare it seems. The lads getting death threats all over social media and their ‘assault’ spin on the incident is ridiculous. I never want to hear the BBC mention anything about mental well being again if this is the crap they spin to have people receive death threats.

Its not even the tackle thats the cause of the wailing. 1) we were and remain above them. 2) they'd just been spotted by villa. 3) his loss is a significant blow to the rest of their season. 4) cumulatively this is just not how this is meant to go for their title defense.

Subconsciously they're terrified its all built on sand. And they're off and screeching....

Carlo needs to put his arm around Pickford and talk him through this nonsense. And I'm sure he will.

Great post sir. You can smell the fear that the team they tell you is greatest to ever play in the premier league might not be as great as they think. It's beautiful.

Great post sir. You can smell the fear that the team they tell you is greatest to ever play in the premier league might not be as great as they think. It's beautiful.

Indeed. Whilst I'm quite happy to criticise Pickford for errors in a blue shirt, I'm damned if I'm not going to defend him when confronted with the demented dirge of that crew.

Think the incident will do one of two things:

1. It completely does his confidence in

Or

2. It serves as a wake up call and he actually starts calming down out there on the pitch

Think it will make or break his time as our no1 this season.
No way it does his confidence in, this guy has his head so far up his own arse to feel anything

Don't have confidence it'll make him change things either. He wasn't given a red so there isn't any tangible impact on his ability to play. More than likely he already knows what the fanbase and media think of his play as of late and that hasn't affected him, so idk if this incident will change things.

I do hope he does continue to play as he did yesterday, however. Had a great game at derby

Think some of the brilliant saves he made yesterday have been lost in all this injury fallout (the offside aside).

Feel a bit sorry that he’s been getting pelters for best part of 2 years, and game he produces saves that arguably earned us a point, it’s been overshadowed by VVD’s injury.

The likes of BBC, BT, Sky etc... and all of their so called expert pundits pushing the ‘assault’ agenda when it clearly wasn’t intentional is a disgrace tbh and it’s very dangerous. They only care about certain players welfare it seems. The lads getting death threats all over social media and their ‘assault’ spin on the incident is ridiculous. I never want to hear the BBC mention anything about mental well being again if this is the crap they spin to have people receive death threats.

Intentional implies he has the speed of thought to make a callous tackle with the plan to hurt. He doesnt have the speed of thought, his body moved before his brain, he was lucky it wasnt a plan, but certaintly no intent to hurt.

he is an idiot sadly and yesterday underlined why he shouldnt be playing for Everton reserves, nevermind a team thinking about top 4 or beyond

Think some of the brilliant saves he made yesterday have been lost in all this injury fallout (the offside aside).

Feel a bit sorry that he’s been getting pelters for best part of 2 years, and game he produces saves that arguably earned us a point, it’s been overshadowed by VVD’s injury.

Sorry but that's rubbish.
He was as [Poor language removed] yesterday as he has been all year.

He's been utterly saved by horrendous refereeing and VAR.

Yes he made a save from Matip but he got so lucky the headlines are about him supposedly assaulting a fellow pro and not about him costing his team top of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.