2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Adrian doing the same to DCL, most here would have been livid.
Of course we would. Most people are saying it was a bad tackle and we’re lucky he didn’t get sent off. We’re hardly likely to be livid that he wasn’t though are we?! If want deliberate and the calls of assault etc are embarrassing. He went to block the ball and made a bad mess of it. I ts a shame the lad got injured but he’s not exactly shy of a heavy challenge himself so my sympathy is limited.

String
What do you mean by your lot? I've been an Evertonian since 1972 and shouting abuse at players isn't my style. My view on the situation is shared by the whole footballing world, incl Man Utd supporters. I've no problem with people here dissagreing with me, but it doesn't make me less of a supporter.
Not the whole footballing world mate. Just the RS loving football media.

Most on here are not defending the challenge. It was clumsy and poorly executed. But it was not malicious or intentional and certainly not assault like you and the red media are trying to portray.

You are entitled to an opinion but don't call the rest of us out for having a different one

If it was Adrian doing the same to DCL, most here would have been livid.
True, we are most years when its reversed and its Liverpool players trying to maim ours tbf. This year however, VVD went through a couple of our players then got taken out himself, thus bringing a collective cheer from nearly all in world football and the first of many karma payments owed.

Every tackle, every 50/50 challenge has the potential to be season ending injury that’s football. These things happen we have seen it with gomes with Coleman with McCarthy in last few years. As have dozens off clubs in this country and around the world. The only difference is it’s Liverpool the sky darlings that’s why so much noise. I don’t wish bad on any player but we have seen VVD do the same against mertens for Napoli now 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but if you don’t make nosies when your players do bad challenges don’t then start crying when it happens to one your own.

The reaction is so bizarre. When you compare it to son basically getting knighted last year to make him feel better it’s even weirder. It was just a really really bad piece of goalkeeping, it’s not like he was Even trying to tackle him, never mind hurt him.
That's bc Pickford didn't break down crying bc vvd didn't snap his leg

The ones defending and praising Pickford for his performance are the same ones that'd rip him apart had he been sent off for a insane challenge or had the winning goal been allowed but everything in context, right? Guy is a fraud and we all see the mistakes, we all see the constant shakiness, don't let VAR fool you for what he actually is - shi%te

Of course we would. Most people are saying it was a bad tackle and we’re lucky he didn’t get sent off. We’re hardly likely to be livid that he wasn’t though are we?! If want deliberate and the calls of assault etc are embarrassing. He went to block the ball and made a bad mess of it. I ts a shame the lad got injured but he’s not exactly shy of a heavy challenge himself so my sympathy is limited.

Pickford went in rashly but so what? Every player does it now and again. Players get injured, it’s the nature of the game. He probably should have gone but that wouldn’t have changed anything about the injury.

The reaction is so bizarre. When you compare it to son basically getting knighted last year to make him feel better it’s even weirder. It was just a really really bad piece of goalkeeping, it’s not like he was Even trying to tackle him, never mind hurt him.

The media need good guys and bad guys. Son is the darling and Pickford the current pantomime villain.

having torn two ACLs myself ,the walking around the pitch wouldn't make any difference, he'd only get pain if there was cartilage damage too that was interfering with the movement, if there's no pain, no further damage will be done. Its a common enough injury and a much more straightforward procedure and rehab these days. He'll be running in straight lines in 5-6 months, playing agin before 9 months is out and good as new for next season.
In the 1950's/60's (on a Saturday) it would have been a wipe down with a cold, wet sponge and an elastoplast put on. This would have enabled you to play again on Sunday morning. lol

I'm glad he injured him. I'm not the only one. Destroys their season. They are utter slumbags.
The fanbase that did this :

liverpool-banner.JPG

Deserve everything that comes their way.

Bitter and proud since 85.

Status
Not open for further replies.