2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people here defending the tackle is shocking. It was an assault and a clear red card and if he gets 5 matches we have nothing to complain about. I though we we're better than them, but I'm beginning to wonder.

It wasn't a tackle. It was a very badly executed attempt to spread himself and make a block.

"Assault" a completely ridiculous term to use.

As I have said, it is an extremely unfortunate injury for the player, but its not intentional in any way.

The amount of people here defending the tackle is shocking. It was an assault and a clear red card and if he gets 5 matches we have nothing to complain about. I though we we're better than them, but I'm beginning to wonder.
tenor.gif

An assault.

LOL

Or people genuinely see something different? If I’d thought he’d meant to injure him I’d have said so, our player or not.

Don't be so stupid. If he wanted to assault him he would have made sure his studs went into his knee caps.

As it happens he's stretching to either block or connect with a ball he's never likely to get and ends up connecting with van Dijk's planted leg, with his momentum leading him to connect with the knee with his leg.

We all know Pickford is thick and extremely erratic, so his failed attempt at getting the ball comes as no surprise.

No more, no less. Shame for the Liverpool player, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I didn't go into the game thinking "ooh I desperately want us to break all their legs today".

It was an accident; accidents happen.

Or people genuinely see something different? If I’d thought he’d meant to injure him I’d have said so, our player or not.
I was a lone voice last season with regards the Son tackle, for me it was just a foul and no malice involved, these things sadly happen in football.

I don't like to see players injured, but as I said last night, he was throwing himself into tackles like a bellend and you reap what you sow.

I doubt Pickford even meant to foul him nevermind injure him.

I was a lone voice last season with regards the Son tackle, for me it was just a foul and no malice involved, these things sadly happen in football.

I don't like to see players injured, but as I said last night, he was throwing himself into tackles like a bellend and you reap what you sow.

Of course he didnt mean to foul, he's a goalkeeper! Any foul he commits is usually a penalty and a sending off.

Carragher, as much as I dont like him, was bang on. Pickford's game and head is all over the place so he made a rash decision and hoped for the best. Sad for the injured opponent but considering whom it was and what he'd just done a few minutes before my sympathy is extremely limited.

Not quite alone!

I really doubt he meant to foul him. Deliberately giving away a needless penalty was hardly a smart move.

It was a very bad piece of goalkeeping from a very poor goalkeeper. The intent argument a ridiculous angle that the media are pushing.

It wasn’t an assault stop being melodramatic and creating something that’s not there to suit your agenda. Perhaps a wreck-less challenge and a possible sending off? Yes. There was no intent to harm the player. Use your brain, why would he jeopardise conceding a penalty in that manner?

Your former centre back called it for how it is on Sky earlier. It was one of them, part of the game, we’ve received them ourselves over the years, it happens. Get over it. We wish him a speedy recovery. If Pickford gets a ban for it then fair enough but drop the assault rhetoric as it makes youse look desperate.

Anyone who thinks he meant it is completely daft. It wasn't even an attempt at a tackle, it was an attempt to make himself big to block a shot. It was a bad tackle and it has unfortunately caused an injury, but the idea it was intentional is ludicrous.

It was a bad piece of goalkeeping by a poor goalkeeper.
Pickford may be a calamity but he is not a snidey cheat. No way he meant to hurt anyone. He’s just genuinely that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.