2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
ancelotti.jpg

People shouting for him to be banned are wide of the mark but he almost certainly needs a few games on the bench. He could of very easily been sent off yesterday being his usual rash self. He's been a mess for too long and it's become a matter of when not if he does something ridiculous in pretty much every game.

That is unacceptable from souness. He is nearly crying as he is clearly upset one of his boys is out for the season and he cannot rein in his bias.

The language he is using will encourage the scrote elements of RS support to think they should take action against Pickford, either online or heaven forbid in the real world. Massively unprofessional and dangerous, on the back of casual racism last time out. I'll be writing a letter of complaint to sky.
100% spot on

Anyone who thinks he meant it is completely daft. It wasn't even an attempt at a tackle, it was an attempt to make himself big to block a shot. It was a bad tackle and it has unfortunately caused an injury, but the idea it was intentional is ludicrous.

It was a bad piece of goalkeeping by a poor goalkeeper.

In my lifetime (so not the days of Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris I’m too young) of watching football I can only think off the top of my head of two tackles that were clearly intended to hurt- Keane on Haaland and Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes. I’m sure there’s a few more examples but they are the relevant ones that spring to mine. Even Son on Gomes last year which got a lot of people hot and bothered was nothing compared to those challenges which were basically assault disguised as “tackles”.

The cliched “leave one on someone” or “let them know they’re in a game” ideology has always made me a little uncomfortable but even firm tackles that fall into those categories are never meant to really hurt anybody.

Just hope the FA don’t bow to kopite media pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.