2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many games bigger than the derby for Everton
I was talking about this season :) But fair point well made anyway :)

Just watched the extended highlights of palace and noticed that they did not create a single chance the entire game from open play! So given the only thing he had to do was be a last line for our usually terrible defending of set-pieces he did OK.

Like I say - I am not a big fan and long for the days or a Southall or Nigel Martyn... but there are zero guarantees for keepers. Look at how much city have spent trying to find one!

I despair at Everton fans who throw the kopite 'little arms' swipe at Pickford. As long as he is in an Everton kit, criticize him by all means but don't jump on a kopite bandwagon to do it.

I despair at Everton fans who throw the kopite 'little arms' swipe at Pickford. As long as he is in an Everton kit, criticize him by all means but don't jump on a kopite bandwagon to do it.
Even a gang of fools can be right from time to time. Theyre spot on about Pickford.

1601305327279.jpeg

1601512376731.png

1601512583049.png

At fault again? Poor positioning/Too slow moving back across his goal?

Watched it a few times now and think he will think he should definitely have done better. He sets himself when Anderson plays the ball back rather than shuffling back across the goal. If he's a couple or even one side step back towards the centre of the goal when Snodgrass strikes he saves it comfortably I think.

View attachment 102706
View attachment 102708

Watched it a few times now and think he will think he should definitely have done better. He sets himself when Anderson plays the ball back rather than shuffling back across the goal. If he's a couple or even one side step back towards the centre of the goal when Snodgrass strikes he saves it comfortably I think.
He really is going to cost us points this season, you can see the players trying to hide their frustration in every time he makes a mistake, they know he’s a liability just as much as we do

View attachment 102706
View attachment 102708

Think it’s a bit harsh, but yeah he could be doing better. He’s just a nut. The way he tried to make that save from the bicycle kick look spectacular by flailing around like a fish out of water when it could’ve just been a routine stop sums him up. He’s a clown.

I don't want to say he's at fault every time something goes in from distance because sometimes it is just a legit good shot. But we're sat here 5 games into the season for him and I don't think he's made a save on a shot where he had to extend more than a yard or so either way, which isn't going to work. We're a good team and he is a big liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.