2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford must be dragged down regardless, even to the extent of some clown claiming he should have saved the Palace goal. Don't get me wrong, I would like him replaced, but some go to extremes and that is the way it is. Anyway, neither Everton goal should have happened as their goalie ought to have saved DCL's effort and it was never a penalty. 1-0 to Palace then. I am delighted it went our way though. The gods are with us for a change. Let us hope the gods are still with us on derby day.
We create far far more chances this season, you are going to get more pens and scuffed goals because of that.

After researching Pickford's family tree, all is explained..

EiTyhzCXsAIEoc3

Thing is, he hasn't actually cost is points yet this season. Perhaps we should wait with the axe until he is costing points instead of winning is points?

I'm not his biggest fan but I do think he is a big game player who has real trouble focusing if he's not constantly kept awake

He wasn’t ‘at fault’ for their goal yesterday, like he didn’t make a mistake.

But was it saveable? I think so. A better keeper saves it and it isn’t looked at as a particularly memorable save imo

Any keeper saving that is saving it by pure luck.

A header like that is beyond you before you even see it. Zero chance of stopping it bar it randomly hitting you.

When I first saw Pickford in Everton colours, he exuded confidence. He had a great left foot and just looked like a proper keeper.
He has gone backwards alarmingly now. He reminds me of the the calamitous Scottish goalkeepers of the 70’s....always provided us with a laugh when watching the Scottish league highlights!!
We are in a pickle with our keepers now. Other team’s strikers are shooting on sight knowing Pickford is hit or miss, and Carlo isn’t able to trust our sub keepers in a premier league game.
It is plainly apparent, a keeper with something about him needs to be signed to put severe pressure on Pickford.
What about the Brighton keeper? Or McCarthy of Southampton? Both sound, big blokes....both have a big presence.....and at the minute, both ahead of Pickford as regards performers in the premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.