2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought his distribution was meant to be good? It's dreadful
I think its more that he needs to read the game better. There was a point when we were in the lead and comfortable. He tried to rush a long throw and gave it straight to a palace player. There's times when you just want him to hold onto it. He only.seems to have one speed though.

If you watch little jordan as the corner is taken - he does a very odd flick with his leg - to me that screams the lads heads in the clouds, his concentration levels are undeniably poor as it is. It looks to have put him a second behind every other crystal palace player in our box. Yes, defensively other players should have done better. But should pickford be coming for balls that are in or about the 6 yard box? You'd like to see it wouldnt you. For me its that silly flick of the leg, at the worst possible moment, which has not allowed him any time to decide to come for the ball or stay rooted (as per) and its not allowed him set himself in anticipation for the header.. no keeper should be messing about flicking limbs about as a corner is being taken, surely. Didnt see it? Watch it again.

Last edited:
If you watch little jordan as the corner is taken - he does a very odd flick with his leg - to me that screams the lads heads in the clouds, his concentration levels are undeniably poor as it is. It looks to have put him a second behind every other crystal palace player in our box. Yes, defensively other players should have done better. But should pickford be coming for balls that are in or about the 6 yard box? You'd like to see it wouldnt you. For me its that silly flick of the leg, at the worst possible moment, which has not allowed him any time to decide to come for the ball or stay rooted (as per) and its not allowed him set himself in anticipation for the header.. no keeper should be messing about flicking limbs about as a corner is being taken, surely. Didnt see it? Watch it again.

My limbs started flicking reading this.

If anyone can coach him out of this, it is Carlo. He tends to be able to build players confidence and support them , that's why the likes of James and Allan love him.
Whether Pickford is a step too far is a different matter.

Like I said in an earlier post, our defence did very little in helping prevent the header on goal, as you can see from the first pic. In the second pic, it looks like Pickford hasn't even left the ground in an attempt to stop the ball despite it being almost above him. It was a combination of poor defending and goalkeeping in my opinion. But let's not take anything away from their goalscorer, it was an excellent finish and if one of our lads had scored like that we'd have been raving on about it.

Goal A.png

Goal B.png

Status
Not open for further replies.