2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testimony to his form are the lack of comments in here of late.
Full credit to him and whoever is helping him for refocusing his train of thought between the sticks.
For me a great team starts with a great keeper who the team and fans can depend on.
We bought Jordan mainly for his potential if he can keep this form going and leave the antics behind him we might just have that very keeper we can build our foundations on for years to come, it's up to him.

Testimony to his form are the lack of comments in here of late.
Full credit to him and whoever is helping him for refocusing his train of thought between the sticks.
For me a great team starts with a great keeper who the team and fans can depend on.
We bought Jordan mainly for his potential if he can keep this form going and leave the antics behind him we might just have that very keeper we can build our foundations on for years to come, it's up to him.
good call, he has made some decent saves recently, can't recall him being at fault for anything for a while, and he changed the course of the championship singlehandedly, (singleknee'edly) credit where it is due.

He’s not the most naturally eloquent but he’s clearly got across there that he’s fuming and it’s unacceptable. Feel like he’s been sent out to give a rare interview as in the last few months he’s one of very few that can hold their heads up high.

He would’ve been top of most peoples ‘get-rid’ lists at the start of the season but fair play to him he’s really turned it around and I hope he’s here next season now.

He’s actually the least of our problems right now, which is saying something! As I’ve been one of his biggest critics.

Same. I really thought there was no coming back for him. He looked shot to bits.
His hair makes him look a bit bigger in the goal frame aswell. I wonder if thats it.

Looks like he found his form at exactly the same time that Henderson started to nail down the number 1 spot at United and put his England place under threat. Coincidence?

Whether it is competition for his place in the national side, competition at club level does not matter.

As long as he keeps playing like he has been then all the better for us and that is the bottom line of it.

For me, I think it is a mixture between competition and an attitude change, I see a general maturing on the pitch. His demeanour has changed dramatically in the last 5 months or so, maybe he has had some honest conversations with some of the coaching staff, close friends & family. We know that he has received a lot of abuse and threats over the past 9 months or so and there is a possibility that this has just knocked some sense into him to become a lot more mature on the pitch. Show people that he is strong mentally and shove the hateful attacks on him back at them by simply performing on the pitch.

Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, sounds as fed up like all us fans in his interview 'another season gone by'. Played brilliant last few months and euros coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.