2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done this before where he’s looked like he’s settled down and then all of a sudden he’s throwing the ball into his own net left, right and centre. I’m a bit wary but I really hope he’s turned it around for good this time.

Do you think he's been medicated or had a bump to the head as he seems to have calmed down and matured an awful lot in the past few months?
Probably both - although I do believe Mr Ancellotti is a very good manager, and that involves not just picking a team, identifying signings and working on tactics, but also improving the players he inherits. Whether that's by getting them to improve technically or psychologically he has a good record of getting the best from players he had time to work with. Hell even Sigurdsson has looked like an actual footballer this season.

Huge difference in his demeanour, if he carries on we can use the funds elsewhere other than a keeper, if a keeper was ever on the cards.

I think he’s grown up a bit and just accepted that he’s a good keeper and if he just gets on white his game will play well.

I think the 2018 World Cup made him think he’d already made it a little bit but it’s nice to see a player shake that attitude and just get on with playing.

Or possibly the media witch hunt after the Derby which resulted in death threats which resulted in him hiring body guards to protect his family, naturally affected his form at the time which he’s now finally gotten over?
I feel like he made a lot more big mistakes before that derby than after it and then since the 2-0 at anfield he’s been in his best form since being here. I actually wonder if the mad situation and horrible treatment he had in the media helped Carlo (and/or others in the club) put an arm round him and build him back up again. Cheers kopites.

Status
Not open for further replies.