2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the “he’s still a young keeper” argument can be put to bed soon because it absolutely does my tree in. Leeds’ keeper is 6 years younger than him and already looks better at pretty much every aspect of the game, while not being a tall lad himself. Pickford will be 27 in a few months, keepers don’t peak at 35 anymore.

Was shocked to see him amongst the nominees for the SPOTY award.

D8C9D9C7-5F14-4FE3-8474-0FF5E4265034.jpeg

Hopefully the “he’s still a young keeper” argument can be put to bed soon because it absolutely does my tree in. Leeds’ keeper is 6 years younger than him and already looks better at pretty much every aspect of the game, while not being a tall lad himself. Pickford will be 27 in a few months, keepers don’t peak at 35 anymore.
If Pickford made the mistakes the Leeds keeper made in the game against us, he'd get slaughtered.

That's how I see it mate. When he's going to his right he has to adjust which then effects his balance. If he doesn't take that step then maybe he has a better chance of keeping it out.
Being tall and having long arms , like Mendy (Chelsea), helps a lot in a football goal. Being a midget, like Pickford, your positioning must be top class. Nobody can say Pickfords positioning is to class can they?

If Pickford made the mistakes the Leeds keeper made in the game against us, he'd get slaughtered.
The thing is Leeds keeper has a record this season of making saves.

If they Pickford that played against Leeds is the one we get every week we will all be back on his side rapidly. But that isn't what his level has been the better part of two years now.

The thing is Leeds keeper has a record this season of making saves.

If they Pickford that played against Leeds is the one we get every week we will all be back on his side rapidly. But that isn't what his level has been the better part of two years now.
He's not good enough. But I think people have become blinded by their hatred that they can't judge him objectively. Against us, the Leeds keeper was no better, and was actually maybe worse given his mistakes. But that doesn't matter, we hate Pickford.

He's not good enough. But I think people have become blinded by their hatred that they can't judge him objectively. Against us, the Leeds keeper was no better, and was actually maybe worse given his mistakes. But that doesn't matter, we hate Pickford.
Leeds lad dropped a bollock with his kick but baby hart had a few more in him in that game he just evened it out for once with a couple of saves

No the Leeds keeper was not better as Pickford played well on the day, but on the season the Leeds keeper still has been well better. As has every other regular starting keeper. The only one who I'd say is even close at the minute is Ryan at Brighton. Newcastle have two keepers better. I don't rate Joe Hart but Spurs might have three. We're in a bad spot at the position because of him still unless that Leeds type performance is a regular thing.

Also a good performance for him still involved a goal going in from 25 yards or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.