2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like Englands number 1...
Sorry Zat agree with most things you say. He made a couple of decent saves. With crosses he dosnt know what to do. He starts to come then realises he can't get the ball and. retreats typical example is Leeds header on to the bar. He started to come, stopped, was then off his line allowing the Leeds player a header which hit the woodwork. It was his mistake. Hes costing us goals nearly every game. I blame his positioning for the Leeds goal. Even Prentice in the Red echo has done an article on him today about the amount of shots that beat him from outside the area.

He maybe England's number 1 but he is a poor keeper. We need to get rid!

He may not be up to the required standard but blame Pickford for the Leeds goal is potty.
Pickford was in a very good posistion, it was a brilliant "quick" strike through the defender into the bottom corner and no keeper saves that.

He may not be up to the required standard but blame Pickford for the Leeds goal is potty.
Pickford was in a very good posistion, it was a brilliant "quick" strike through the defender into the bottom corner and no keeper saves that.

To be fair it's harsh to blame him for the goal but I wouldn't say he was in a good position, if you watch it again he actually steps to his right as the lad takes the shot.

Pretty daming this article

That picture they show I think he is in the right position, you use defenders to cover. You don't stand in the middle and cover 12 feet either side just in case. If they do their job correctly it stops the ball going where it eventually did.

Don't get me wrong, if the player suddenly jinks free towards the middle you would start moving across to a central position. The (immediate) danger there would have been a shot to the free righthand side though.

To be fair it's harsh to blame him for the goal but I wouldn't say he was in a good position, if you watch it again he actually steps to his right as the lad takes the shot.
But twist it the other way and if the shot would have gone to his right, you would have people moaning he's to far left, he never ever going to win with some no matter how good a save he make's as they always come back with its a save he should make, or come back with another keeper would save it when they wont and so on lol

But twist it the other way and if the shot would have gone to his right, you would have people moaning he's to far left, he never ever going to win with some no matter how good a save he make's as they always come back with its a save he should make, or come back with another keeper would save it when they wont and so on lol

If he was taller he would have stopped that shot. lol

Im with you on this, I dont think he is in a great position. He has all his weight to his right & is bouncing. When the shot comes across him he cant respond as he needs to settle himself and then dive. It's a good shot, struck well, but a great keeper saves it.

For those who say stats don't matter, when it comes to things like this, that right there is the difference between someone who saves 50-60% of shots at them like Pickford, compared to an Alisson, Ederson Lloris, who as save well above 70%

Im with you on this, I dont think he is in a great position. He has all his weight to his right & is bouncing. When the shot comes across him he cant respond as he needs to settle himself and then dive. It's a good shot, struck well, but a great keeper saves it.

For those who say stats don't matter, when it comes to things like this, that right there is the difference between someone who saves 50-60% of shots at them like Pickford, compared to an Alisson, Ederson Lloris, who as save well above 70%

That's how I see it mate. When he's going to his right he has to adjust which then effects his balance. If he doesn't take that step then maybe he has a better chance of keeping it out.

Simple question, when a ball gets crossed over towards 6 yard box, Pickford comes out to catch the ball does your heart sink???

Now imagine being one of our defenders

Simple question, when a ball gets crossed over towards 6 yard box, Pickford comes out to catch the ball does your heart sink???

Now imagine being one of our defenders
In all fairness our defenders are running around in circles flapping their arms with explosions all around them in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.