2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where it’s due, made some good saves and kept us in the game. The stop with his legs in the first half was a world class reaction save. Gareth Southgate should come watch us every week if he plays like that!

Still think a lot of keepers get a hand to that shot that went in. That slight jink to the right before he shot meant his feet were just slow enough to react.
Nah, that was in the side netting. 99.9% of the time keepers don't save it, and the 0.1% is because their starting position is wrong.

Bigger keeper take longer to get down to low shots. It was a good strike, went through a defenders legs. Not the keepers fault

Bigger keepers have bigger stretch.
What was the stat i read yest. Pickfords let in more shots from outside the box this season than anyone.
We always get the "no keeper is getting that" when he lets one in.

Bigger keepers have bigger stretch.
What was the stat i read yest. Pickfords let in more shots from outside the box this season than anyone.
We always get the "no keeper is getting that" when he lets one in.
For that stat to be useful it would interesting to see how many shots he has faced from outside the area compared to other keepers. Could be we are weak at the edge of the area

For that stat to be useful it would interesting to see how many shots he has faced from outside the area compared to other keepers. Could be we are weak at the edge of the area

Stats bought us iwobi.
He just isnt a keeper for a club that has any intention of being successful and wanting to be solid at the back. He's not alone. The backbone spine is keeper, two solid centre halves.
We have none of either.

We all to regularly bemoan Jordan, but yesterday, his ability shone through.

He is a good goal keeper, just questionable decision making lets him and us down too often recently.

Jordan had a very good game, I hope he continues to build on this.

Well done Pickers

We all to regularly bemoan Jordan, but yesterday, his ability shone through.

He is a good goal keeper, just questionable decision making lets him and us down too often recently.

Jordan had a very good game, I hope he continues to build on this.

Well done Pickers
Had a really good game yesterday yet also showed he does not have confidence in his own decision making. His indecision may have cost us against more clinical finishers. His reactions are top notch but give him time to think and...

Status
Not open for further replies.