2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point this about being already injured. My original thought (after rewatching the tackle), that van dijk was trying to play the hard man and stand firm against Pickford. Not saying that he could have rode the tackle but if there was an injury already there it might have affected his reaction.
In my many years as an amateur keeper in formidably crap pub teams, outdoor and indoor, I rarely, if ever, encountered a player who couldn't or wouldn't ride my Jackie Chan/Russian Cossack/Harald Schumacher moves. Keepers slide and make themselves big at every level of football. They are allowed to "spread themselves". Some forwards allow the keeper to catch them and look for the penalty. Van Dijk just sort of froze. Was the leg already gone? I think the whole affair was clumsy and unfortunate. The hysteria that has followed it suggests their castle is built on sand. He's a loss, but they are reacting like peak Diego Maradona has been lost to their cause. I thought they were "mental monsters"?

They're not used to adversity and they are most certainly not used to an Everton that are anything but passive.

People keep saying if it was an outfield player, he would have been carded. Well duh.

Keepers are officiated different than outfield players. Pickford is coming at the attacker with his body to prevent a shot and a collision happens. It was unfortunate, but it's not the same as what happens in the outfield.

Sucks for VVD, but he clearly wanted to take out the ass whooping they received from Villa on our stars and was trying to set the table that it would be a rough game. He ended up getting injured and that sucks, but he is no victim. None of them are.

People keep saying if it was an outfield player, he would have been carded. Well duh.

Keepers are officiated different than outfield players. Pickford is coming at the attacker with his body to prevent a shot and a collision happens. It was unfortunate, but it's not the same as what happens in the outfield.

Sucks for VVD, but he clearly wanted to take out the ass whooping they received from Villa on our stars and was trying to set the table that it would be a rough game. He ended up getting injured and that sucks, but he is no victim. None of them are.
Kopites are always the victim. Always.
It's a role they embrace and show no shame in doing so.

Only short of calls for him to be hung, drawn and quartered across media and kopite cryarses, get a grip like. Although, perhaps a sentence to some time on the Rack might give those arms a good stretch

Exactly. "Anywhere else on the pitch, it's a red" is the most gormless lack of context imaginable. Why would Jordan Pickford or any goalkeeper be sliding and spreading himself in the opposition's penalty box? In his own penalty area, he is entitled to do what he did. It was clumsy, and it was brave, but most of all it was unfortunate. I'm delighted our keeper was proactive and willing to impose himself. He won't always get it right, but I'll take this over being frozen to the goal line. Now, if only he can cut out the Captain Bizarro handling errors...

Christ on a bike. Went to make a cuppa. Flick on talksport in kitchen.
Still going on about it. and with a passion like its the JFK assassination.
Where the fck did mark bosnich come into this
:)
Obviously the former Villa keeper is well aware of our Colombian conection.
Probably expecting a bag of the Finest Stripe to keep him quiet.
Such a nice level headed lad.

He just can't seem to handle periods of the game that are quiet. He just doesn't have the characteristics to be a top keeper. He needs to learn to be calm, to be patient. I just don't think you can teach that or that he is capable of learning it. We need to find a new goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.