2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, there's a clown over on ESPN saying Pickford should be banned for as long as Van Dijk is out. Ha ha! The sheer, uninhibited hysteria. Imagine that - this guy is paid as a pundit. There wouldn't be a tackle put in if such nonsense was ever enacted. You'd have more chance of snapping someone in Subbuteo than you would in football.

COVID-19 exposed the gaps in society in so many ways. Pickfordgate has utterly exposed the charlatans in the media whose opinion can now be utterly disregarded as incredible.

And to think that everyone thought Poor Son (Poor is surely his first name, isn't it?) was the victim with Andre Gomes was snapped in two last year...

There's only one answer to this scurrilous witch-hunt. Beat Southampton and keep the eyes on the prize.

The club needs to come out and back our player imo. Souness calling it an "assault", Hackett saying it was like Keane on Halaand. Comments like these are whipping the mutants up into a frenzy, and they rarely need a second invitation to get hysterical at the best of times. Someone needs to say something and let Pickford know the club is behind him

The pundits and talking heads are blatantly biased morons. Nothing more needs to be said. I do think the FA have chosen to give us special attention this year (some of the calls in our favor this year have been ridiculous), but how often do we get to say that about ourselves when United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc. get that crap every year. They turn a blind eye to all of that, but they can’t turn a blind eye to ‘plucky ol Everton.’ It’s pathetic.

Toni.PNG

"Tell him I'll pay for his dental work."

Honestly, the comparison of Pickford's coming together with Van Dijk, which any reasonable observer would say was clumsy but not malicious, with Harald Schumacher's MMA assault on Patrick Battiston just adds to the hilarity and transparent hatchet job that's going on.

Some people really want to believe that Pickford is the reincarnation of the great Toni. If only. We'd have a world-class goalie on our hands.

Even the comment attributed to him about paying for Battiston's dental work was unfair on the mad German. He was actually relieved more damage hadn't been done. But his "challenge" was crazy and kamikaze. I read his book and he made some interesting observations, one of which was that the incident wasn't just replayed - it was replayed over and over again in slow motion to make it look even worse. That's what's been going on with Saturday's collision too, constant slow motion, giving the impression it was pre-meditated in some way - or that there was time to pull out.

Changing the story to suit the agenda again lol - they even quoted today on there own twitter feed the bit that said from saturdays" The athletic paper" that VAR did check the Pickford thing and said it was ok, yet have a insider story from the other lot it seems lol-Never going to keep quiet this lot and dont see why they keep going on none stop every day

Time for Mr Moshiri to unleash his legal team on idiots like
The pundits and talking heads are blatantly biased morons. Nothing more needs to be said. I do think the FA have chosen to give us special attention this year (some of the calls in our favor this year have been ridiculous), but how often do we get to say that about ourselves when United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc. get that crap every year. They turn a blind eye to all of that, but they can’t turn a blind eye to ‘plucky ol Everton.’ It’s pathetic.

Not a word from these when Seamus had his leg smashed. He just got on with his recovery.

The clamour to have pickford hung drawn and quartered by ex reds is the one thats making me dig my heels in. Spoke to about 5 or 6 reds today and all wanted me to be in some way apologetic. I just reeled off years of them getting decisions and pea headed gerrards previous antics and told them to get fcked.
Didnt win the derby, but taken something mentally from them and confirmed even more they are the biggest hypocritical bellends in the game.
Roll on southampton. All about Everton now.

Status
Not open for further replies.