2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could of at lest put a hand out.. looked like he thought he was gonna crash into his own post
I’ve seen keepers not move before because there’s no chance of saving it... to some fans making a pointless dive no where near the ball will make them feel like “ at least he tried’” but I feel like it was 1 he’d never save no matter what he did

I need to rewatch the first goal to be fair (can't find a replay that shows us giving the ball away despite having about 7 men near their penalty box) but in real time it looked like Gomes was a bit asleep

Second goal, I also wouldn't say it's his "fault" but it was a great ball from James out to Gomes with acres of space ahead of him, and he miscontrolled it and allowed WBA to get into a dangerous position

Just overall a common thread of feeling like he's a half second slow to react. But hey, we won 5-2 and this is the Pickford thread so all is well

Yeah for the freekick he was a little clumsy, but it was a wonderful strike.

Doesnt seem as twitchy this season. But just watching motd. He looks small. Know real presence or intimidation for the attacker to think twice.
I think a few keepers would have got the first one.
Here for the season. I hope no regrets. Attackers will get him out of jail more than once this season imo.

I gave him credit last week, back to himself this week. From minute one he was atrocious with his distribution and his anticipation for the first goal was unacceptable, the ball was already in by the time he moved. A better team than wba will punish us for this lads short comings. A new gk and cb are imperative before this window closes.

Pickfords plight...

He just lets in too many goals from outside the penalty area...

He dives dramatically late...

His positional play questionable...

Fails to extend his arms...

His timing is often inopportune...

Reactions late & slow...

Played well against Spurs and then back to being shaky today.

We need a decent second choice as a minimum. He is never going to improve with Joao Virginia or Lossl at number 2.

Pickfords plight...

He just lets in too many goals from outside the penalty area...

He dives dramatically late...

His positional play questionable...

Fails to extend his arms...

His timing is often inopportune...

Reactions late & slow...
There must be issues if you're even picking up on them Mr Positivity you normally haha

Status
Not open for further replies.