2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its actually a good position.

If he was central he would have almost the whole goal to hit, but he's finished it in the 1 place Pickford cant reach.

Nothing wrong there for me.
Screenshot_20200919-222420~2.png

It's gone practically in the centre of the goal

My initial instinct is to blame him and he just doesn't look good (first goal not exactly in the corner, the way he didn't extend for the free kick)

But I don't think either goal is really his fault to be honest, Gomes & Mina have to take 90%+ of the blame

My initial instinct is to blame him and he just doesn't look good (first goal not exactly in the corner, the way he didn't extend for the free kick)

But I don't think either goal is really his fault to be honest, Gomes & Mina have to take 90%+ of the blame

I don't even think you can blame Gomes.

Did anyone mention the great saves he made in the first half when we were literally struggling to get a hold of the game? Nope didn’t think so everyone will remember a slight suspect positioning in the first goal and a world class free kick he should of saved lol

I don't even think you can blame Gomes.

I need to rewatch the first goal to be fair (can't find a replay that shows us giving the ball away despite having about 7 men near their penalty box) but in real time it looked like Gomes was a bit asleep

Second goal, I also wouldn't say it's his "fault" but it was a great ball from James out to Gomes with acres of space ahead of him, and he miscontrolled it and allowed WBA to get into a dangerous position

Just overall a common thread of feeling like he's a half second slow to react. But hey, we won 5-2 and this is the Pickford thread so all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.