2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to blame for the goals, Mina backed off and allowed the striker to bang 1 in. 2nd no chance,If it was messi with the free kick it would of been described as unstoppable.
I dont think thats true. The first one was close to him and shouldve been saved, the free kick was beautifully placed, but based on from where it was taken Jordan shouldve known it was going to be lashed towards his left, but didnt seem to take that into account at all. Not too mad about the second one, but the first shouldve been saved, Mina screwing up or no.

Looked short on confidence today, needs some good performances to boost him back...

Bit harsh to blame him for the goals though...

Though a taller keeper saves the free kick if he has enough intelligence...

They will not let up until Pickford is gone. I am not saying he is my ideal goalie but the tenacity of his detractors is unlimited. They were probably drooling when they heard the commentary about his first few minutes in this game.

They will not let up until Pickford is gone. I am not saying he is my ideal goalie but the tenacity of his detractors is unlimited. They were probably drooling when they heard the commentary about his first few minutes in this game.
Whilst I don't like Pickford at all I think I can understand why we're sticking with him. I would want him to go, but the level invested in him means he's getting a final season. As an asset I can't think of a club that would come in for him after his last 18 months. If he repeats that this Yr, then we get a new keeper and he's essentially written off.

Alternatively, he recaptures some form, displays a more professional like attitude and restores some of his stock. We can then either keep him or sell him for decent money and get a new keeper. It's up to Pickford to raise his standards and prove himself. If he does it sufficiently, he could be our no.1 for several years.

It's up to him to improve. But sometimes once a keeper is spotted as a weakness, teams pounce on it

It's happened with De Gea who has turned into a hologram. Joe Hart got the same treatment when he left City. Teams spotted a weakness, especially in Italy where he had a absolutely nightmare.

Screenshot_20200919-205514~2.png

Go ed lad stick it in that corner

Status
Not open for further replies.