2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dele Ali, Lingard, Pickford maybe a couple more, haven't been the same since that world cup.

I feel a bit sorry for Pickford, before the World Cup he wasn’t the media choice for the team, it was all about how it should be Butland or Heaton or even Pope. Then when Southgate picked him they were waiting for him to slip up, a semi error against Belgium and the dogs were out for him how he needed to be dropped etc. Against Columbia and especially Sweden he was absolutely brilliant though. Since then it’s been like he’s had a target on his back and of course his error at Anfield was all the ammunition the kopite media needed to proclaim that they’d been right all along and he wasn’t good enough to be England number 1. Since then it’s just been one error to another with the Newcastle debacle and poor performances. If he brings his 17/18 form back we’ve got a good keeper but his head hasn’t been right for ages.

Not a patch on Nigel Martyn. On his best form though he can be a good keeper, what is infuriating is that since the World Cup his form has just dropped off a cliff edge to the point where nearly every shot he faces is going in.
First sentence spot on! Pickford, from the day he came the man is a liabilty, and mark my words if Carlo keeps him, it's Carlo who will lose his job.

He’s a decent keeper. His World Cup exploits maybe gave him a heightened reputation that his abilities couldn’t live up to.

But look around the league, this is probably the most difficult position to nail which is why Pickford, on balance, isn’t too bad.

`Decent keeper', `isnt too bad'.

We have been in lockdown for over 2 months. Have you looked or assessed some of our games over the last 2 years?

He has been at fault for an untold number of goals and creates panic/makes mistakes in every game.

What do they teahc kids at school these days? That being crap is actually ok?

He can be quite arrogant on pitch at times, and you need that to be a great keeper. However when he makes mistakes (which appear to be occurring more regularly now) it just makes him stand out as all the more foolish, which is his current problem. Being England's No. 1 has him under more spotlight than he's ever been and mistakes which would have fallen under the radar before are magnified a hundred times now. Added to that, the media have taken a huge dislike to him.

I'd give him more time but if the errors keep happening then it maybe an easier judgement call for Carlo to make.

He can be quite arrogant on pitch at times, and you need that to be a great keeper. However when he makes mistakes (which appear to be occurring more regularly now) it just makes him stand out as all the more foolish, which is his current problem. Being England's No. 1 has him under more spotlight than he's ever been and mistakes which would have fallen under the radar before are magnified a hundred times now. Added to that, the media have taken a huge dislike to him.

I'd give him more time but if the errors keep happening then it maybe an easier judgement call for Carlo to make.

He’s very lucky we need to strengthen other positions first. He makes some great saves for cameras, and to be fair he is a decent shot stopper, but everything else in his game needs massive work. One more season like this one and we should cut our loses.

`Decent keeper', `isnt too bad'.

We have been in lockdown for over 2 months. Have you looked or assessed some of our games over the last 2 years?

He has been at fault for an untold number of goals and creates panic/makes mistakes in every game.

What do they teahc kids at school these days? That being crap is actually ok?
Fair enough.

Not a patch on Nigel Martyn. On his best form though he can be a good keeper, what is infuriating is that since the World Cup his form has just dropped off a cliff edge to the point where nearly every shot he faces is going in.
Sorry mate, but that's ridiculous. He makes mistakes, but all goalies do, and some of the criticism he gets is unfair.

Inconsistent thinks hes better than he is reminds me of yobo in a way even though he was a centre half they can be having a good game but you're always expecting a cockup is on its way

Any shot on target and yeah its probably gone in. He concedes well more than 1 a game
We've got something to work on then? Every shot on target goes in, eh? Hmm. We must be doing a lot right if it's just a goalie problem. Our back four must
be a lot better than we give them credit for.

Well considering he’s got like the second worst save ratio in the league then I’d say yes it is
Does that mean a comparison in the number of shots saved and goals conceded? I'd like to see the list of figures on all the goalkeepers. Where did you see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.