2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to be a top 6 side- hes not good enough, and that's it. Poor concentration, poor reach, poor in the air, not strong enough, distribution not good enough.

Most goals conceded from outside the box this PL season.
Joint most errors leading to goals since Aug 2018.
Dreadful save % rate. Only Kepa worse last time I looked.

I mean what is even the debate here...

As Roy Keane said yesterday, we don’t need to look at stats, just look at a compilation of the goals he concedes. He is at least partly at fault for a quarter of them.

For the sake of a positive I thought he was good today when coming off his line and commanding his box. The goal which wasn't the biggest howler - wrong footed but then why was Fernandes given all that time to run at him and pick a shot? The goal was contributed to by two or three players not doing the basics.

Indeed and their goal came soon after Coleman went off... Our back line is far to fragile.

Errors leading to shots on goal per 90 since 2017

Butland 0.03
Pope 0.03
Ramsdale 0.04
Henderson 0.04
Foster 0.05
Heaton 0.05

Jordan Pickford 0.17

He statistically makes almost 4x the errors that his rivals for the England #1 spot do.

Most goals conceded from outside the box this PL season.
Joint most errors leading to goals since Aug 2018.
Dreadful save % rate. Only Kepa worse last time I looked.

I mean what is even the debate here...
As Roy Keane did when they showed his poor stats, there isn’t any debate, he’s a bang average keeper.

For the goal, he states “I was half a yard out of position”. While he’s stating the truth, it’s something he’s always been weak at. This is why he gets beat so many times from distance, as his stretch is often just out of reach of the ball. It’s also why the saves from distance he does actually make look spectacular, when really they should have been routine saves had he been in the right position. Against United at OT this season, he pulled off a worldie save with one hand from a free kick, and did so as he had stepped too far to his right, leaving a gaping area to his left.

I believe he can work on positioning though. At the risk of repeating myself what he cannot improve imo is his concentration. His hyperactive manner makes it nigh on impossible for him to do so. Even that point blank reaction save with his feet (which he is excellent at), the screaming reaction he had to it....the fella can not control himself. A good gk has to be calm and composed, and spread calmness to the defence. He spreads panic.

He is not the least of our problems.

He is the first of our problems.

Cannot achieve anything with an inconsistent and suspect goalkeeper.

I would have disagreed with that a few months ago but i think its now the priority.
To many games now clean sheets were a possibilty and havent been due to keeper errors.
I think ancelotti knows now privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.