2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to me that Pickford has been pacified in that respect; I'm sure he's been handed no effective opposition in order to keep him happy.

I believe that will now change with Ancelotti being here. There's no way he'll be sacrificing his reputation for getting the job done by allowing this GK a mountain of chances that he fails to take.

A very good GK will be here in the summer; it'll be sold as an understudy, but he'll be very capable and slotted in at the earliest opportunity next season.

Why bother selling him as an “understudy“ and wait until the earliest opportunity to slot him in?

Get him in right away.

It is not like the fans would be upset.....nor, I suspect, the players in front of Pickford.

It wouldn’t need to be sold as owt more than it actually is.... i.e. signing a first choice goalkeeper.

Pickford is now the single biggest impediment to EFC making prigress.

Last 5 games

Newcastle home - mistakes for both goals
Watford away - I thought he was poor for both goals, especially the first
Palace home - at fault for the goal
Arsenal away - no blame attached to the 3 goals conceded
Its home - at fault for the goal.

That's a lot of mistakes in just a 5 game period. I think he's gifted the opposition around 8/10 goals over the season and that just isnt an acceptable amount.

You need a keeper who keeps the mistakes down to 2/3 a season.

Look to get rid at the first opportunity, but accept that the chances are very slim given the amount we paid and his likely extortionate wages. As with so many of our players, we're in a terrible situation with him. Not good enough but unable to get rid.

Why bother selling him as an “understudy“ and wait until the earliest opportunity to slot him in?

Get him in right away.

It is not like the fans would be upset.....nor, I suspect, the players in front of Pickford.

It wouldn’t need to be sold as owt more than it actually is.... i.e. signing a first choice goalkeeper.

Pickford is now the single biggest impediment to EFC making prigress.
Did you see the back-slapping from our team of serial underachievers when the clown made his save at the end? They support and reinforce each other, because they're used to failing and dont have the taste for success.

Believe it or not, even a man of Ancelotti's stature will have to diplomatically deal with these bunch of failures.

he's england's no.1 you're all being a bit silly saying we'd never be able to shift him, a past it joe hart still managed to find a prem team, pickford would have half of the league trying to buy him. We don't need to sell him anyway, just get someone a bit more solid in who just does the simple things well. We don't give up too many chances anymore, but we seem to concede a high percentage of goals from shots, mainly due to pickford tbh.

Players like duravka are nowhere near a step up though, he's level with de gea as most at fault for direct goals. He's another one of these good shot stoppers because he's being peppered with shots all the time, but coming here and having to concentrate on 1 or 2 shots a game is a totally different kettle of fish, he wouldn't be an improvement.

he's england's no.1 you're all being a bit silly saying we'd never be able to shift him, a past it joe hart still managed to find a prem team, pickford would have half of the league trying to buy him. We don't need to sell him anyway, just get someone a bit more solid in who just does the simple things well. We don't give up too many chances anymore, but we seem to concede a high percentage of goals from shots, mainly due to pickford tbh.

Players like duravka are nowhere near a step up though, he's level with de gea as most at fault for direct goals. He's another one of these good shot stoppers because he's being peppered with shots all the time, but coming here and having to concentrate on 1 or 2 shots a game is a totally different kettle of fish, he wouldn't be an improvement.
First and foremost that means absolutely nothing and even then there’s a very good chance he’ll lose his place soon enough, secondly he’s already the 5th most expensive keeper of all time, there’s not a single team that’ll pony up anywhere near what we paid for him, another terrible purchase by Walsh and moonhead

The No1 tag holds no weight any more because of the number of keepers who’ve outshone JP this season, Southgate has seen first hand another error and with the first Euros warm up coming up at the end of the month he’ll know he can’t afford to depend on Jordan at Euro 2020 if he keeps making mistakes

Pickford is the type of goalkeeper that comes from a crap team constantly getting spanked but making save after save whoopi-do
the real quality goalkeepers are the type who stay focused for the full 90 minutes
should we persist with him until he cuts out the errors in his game when he reaches his 30's no chance get rid of him

It's clear to me that Pickford has been pacified in that respect; I'm sure he's been handed no effective opposition in order to keep him happy.

I believe that will now change with Ancelotti being here. There's no way he'll be sacrificing his reputation for getting the job done by allowing this GK a mountain of chances that he fails to take.

A very good GK will be here in the summer; it'll be sold as an understudy, but he'll be very capable and slotted in at the earliest opportunity next season.
Selling him when he's a back up makes no sense,and keeping him as a squad player with the money we have tied up in him won't happen.If he isn't sold in the Summer he'll still be number one next season.

It's torture watching him,I hold my breath every time he has the ball, wondering what he is going to next I also think he causes panic in the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.