2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern with Pickford isn't the odd howler, every keeper has those.

My concern is more that he seems* to be conceding quite a few goals which fall under the "He'll be disappointed with that" or "Not really at fault, but perhaps could have done better" kind .

That might just be a bit of poor form, but equally, it might be poor coaching, or coaching he's not receptive too, because those kind of goals are generally down to less than top notch concentration and / or positioning. Either way, it's something which can be improved, but he has to recognise his weaknesses to do so, and I'm not 100% convinced that he has it in him to do that.

*I'd happily acknowledge that I don't watch any other keepers with the level of scrutiny that I do our own, so maybe he's not unusual in this.

Just seen a clip of Roms goal for us......watch his Hatty away at Sunderland again.....watch the goalkeeping!!!!!

Pickford was excellent that game though. It would have been about 8-0 if not for him.
yep,thought that was going to be one of those games were we never scored in,that game a few weeks after west brom in sep 2016 was the last time we won 2 away league games in a row

I would keep an eye on Alban Lafont still...not necessarily as a starter but he'd be a great backup if we could somehow nip in, in the summer. Worth a punt, if a good deal can be done.

For Everton-top 5-if this 100% correct via league

Howard 116 clean sheets in 354 prem games
Southall 62 clean sheets from 206/207 games
Martyn 31 clean sheets in 85 prem games-one a sub
Pickford 30 clean sheets in 103 PREM GAMES - [34 clean sheets in 118 in total]
Myhre 24 clean sheets from 70 prem games

league only

all games-all everton keepers
That says everything you need to know about stats! According to that Howard was better than Nev lol

The only one you could argue that he should be above, in my opinion, is Robles, as Robles wasn't really established
Maybe because Martinez never gave him a proper chance, he’d played well when Howard was injured but brought Tim back as soon as he was fit, Martinez was out of order with that move and it started to turn me against him and then Martinez proved to most fans he wasn’t good enough to manage Everton F C. and Tim started to show that he was past his best.

sidibe's pass to walcott think it was what was caused us to lose the ball to whoever then passed it to Bruno who then shot,if sidibe goes long from the touch line instead of looking for walcott then we were ok

I reckon you are absolving Walcott. The useless winger did not give Sidibe an easy-out but instead his customary run
away behind the full-back. Sure, Sidibe should have gone long but Pickford should have seen that Utd were pressing high and
not gone short.

The shot was stoppable and maybe not as soft as the Palace goal but it was a bad, bad goal to concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.