2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing him is going to rapidly vault up the summertime priorities list if he doesn't turn it around these next couple of months.

You don't really want a goalkeeper to be having a really good game. That usually means they're having to make a lot of saves which means the team aren't doing their job defensively.

The major mistake for me yesterday from Pickford was playing it out in the build up to the goal. It's stupid. So I include the defenders in that and yes, the manager, if that was what the tactic was. It was awful.

Of course Pickford should then do better with the strike.

As for all the 'get rid' shouts. He'll be off nowhere. We have far too many other priorities this summer and frankly, barring a miracle, we won't have the money to commit to including two goalkeepers in that just yet (as we already need another!)

He needs to improve. He needs a better coach and they need to help him improve. He probably also needs a kick up the arse. Since we haven't got decent competition (which needs addressing in the summer), hopefully that'll come in the form of being dropped by England for the March friendlies.

He cant be defended with all that context (you're all but blaming the ball boys there for that howler).

But I agree about the competition. And the decks have been cleared now for a couple of experienced GKs with real pedigree to come in and take the GK jersey and keep Pickford on the bench forever.

I would hope that Ancelotti will be having words with Pickford and telling him that the times when he had an automatic start at Everton are over. Hand him and his agent that news before the Euros and see what happens.

He cant be defended with all that context (you're all but blaming the ball boys there for that howler).

But I agree about the competition. And the decks have been cleared now for a couple of experienced GKs with real pedigree to come in and take the GK jersey and keep Pickford on the bench forever.

I would hope that Ancelotti will be having words with Pickford and telling him that the times when he had an automatic start at Everton are over. Hand him and his agent that news before the Euros and see what happens.

No, sell him.

Yes, but the limits of patience have been reached for most. Brilliant saves followed by howlers has become the norm and it’s getting tiresome.
but those limits, principally, seemed to have been reached because he's an arrogant biff. And it's weird.
Like some geezer sat behind me on Sunday. Absolutely berating Maguire for refereeing the game, "GET AWAY FROM HIM MAGUIRE. I HATE THAT"
Then our lot are celebrating what they thought was a last minute winner whilst United remonstrate. the same twit is giving it "WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANYONE OVER THERE?! WE ARE TOO SOFT"
We hate Pickford because he believes in himself when, apparently, despite the fact he's played in a WC semi-final and has had a quite meteoric rise, he has no right to because he's made some mistakes. Even though, against Palace, he immediately turned behind the goal at the final whistle and apologised to us all.

He's having a rough time. He knows that. But there was always going to be a period like this. I maintain, he needs our support.

but those limits, principally, seemed to have been reached because he's an arrogant biff. And it's weird.
Like some geezer sat behind me on Sunday. Absolutely berating Maguire for refereeing the game, "GET AWAY FROM HIM MAGUIRE. I HATE THAT"
Then our lot are celebrating what they thought was a last minute winner whilst United remonstrate. the same twit is giving it "WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANYONE OVER THERE?! WE ARE TOO SOFT"
We hate Pickford because he believes in himself when, apparently, despite the fact he's played in a WC semi-final and has had a quite meteoric rise, he has no right to because he's made some mistakes. Even though, against Palace, he immediately turned behind the goal at the final whistle and apologised to us all.

He's having a rough time. He knows that. But there was always going to be a period like this. I maintain, he needs our support.

I will always maintain that we'll be paying upwards of £50million to get anyone better than him.

We've other issues to fix in the squad than the keeper.

However...a better back up and being dropped from England will sort him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.