2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is,but I'm not quite that old. I went to school with one of his sons. He ended up working at Fords on shift work,a far cry from modern pros. We used to use his complimentary season ticket to get into the Gladys St stand because he usually worked Saturdays. And those days the turnstile operators weren't too bothered if a few of us used it.
Yes players today are millionaires ten minutes after they make their debut in the premier league. I worked on a shut down in Fords one summer and used to enjoy chatting to Cyril Lello who played at the same time as Jackie, who played for the Blues when I first started going to the game, just after King John signed the Magna Carta.!!!

It'll be more likely we find a buyer pre Euros than if he has a bad tournament. I'd imagine Ancelotti has a fair idea of who he wants to persevere with and who he'd like to move on by now.

I can see him retaining Pickford. Stekelenburg's contract ends in June and Lossl has left. That means he has a lot of scope to fill the places with a very decent GK + stand by.

Still think he might have the edge over the other two just on experience alone at playing in a major tournament

you could be right - but at the moment, on form he is so far behind them you would have to question if he should even be in the squad. Pope Henderson and foster all deserve to be ahead on form

you could be right - but at the moment, on form he is so far behind them you would have to question if he should even be in the squad. Pope Henderson and foster all deserve to be ahead on form
Southgate has been at a lot of our games lately, not sure if it’s mainly for Pickford or DCL. I think both get in the England squad in the summer

Slow motion replays did him no favours.

Had some power and dip that shot, should have saved it but not a howler.

If that's scored against Tim Howard, he's not slaughtered for it.

The increased scrutiny comes with being English and England's number one which is to be expected.

But let's not let it fester - there's no way in my opinion replacing him is the priority people are saying.

We need a RB, CB, LM, CM, CM, RM and even another forward being we need a 'keeper.

I defo would have slaughtered Howard for it.

I like Pickford its really only his fourth season in the Pl and at 25 hes still a very young keeper. Lad strikes me an immature, but that will come has the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.