2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Nev also got in a right mess vs QPR cumulating in a red card and a right hammering. All keepers make errors, however the point is Jordan could do with calming down to help his game.
The calming down thing is right.

I'm sure many on here have sat behind the goal at aways and seen with their own eyes just how twitchy and fidgety he is.
Genuinely reminds me of Gazza a bit.

I'm not a fan of his, as I've indicated many times, but if he's not going anywhere he needs to get issues sorted as it's not to get easier for him if mistakes keep happening.

So hear me out... Mr. Pickford loves to party. I would even go as far to say that he thrives on the party atmosphere. I say Carlo should prescribe a 6pack of his favorite lager before each game. The lad would become world class.:drunk:

Pickford admittedly will make errors etc but other times have pulled off top saves to keep us in a game :) His always going to be in the spotlight as keeper has no defence for themselves for mistakes and since he became England number 1 and isn't with a Sky favourite team they are out to belittle him always :-( Fair play after Palace game he called out Gary Neville for having a pop at him and said his studs had stuck to spot so if he turned he'd probably injured something, either it was true or not he came out in press to tell people to shut it :) Summer time hopefully Brands/Ancelloti will do something to improve backroom staff to aid him :)

Chelsea may be looking at a new keeper in the summer.

If he has a good Euros wouldnt be adverse to letting Pickers go if they came in with a big offer.

Either that or at minimum a decent back up coming in to push him next season.

Pickford wont be going anywhere soon, and we will get a new number 2 to challenge him only i think, so why everyone keep's hoping chelsea buy him if he has a decent euros i dont know

Media sensation! Everton fans vote England's first choice goalie as the worst in the PL. Questions are being asked on social media about what substances can be found in the water supply to Liverpool to explain such odd behaviour.

I honestly think he's a liability. His stats are poor (ranked 2nd lowest save percentage - 63%, joint 3rd errors leading to goals last 2 seasons) and he doesnt command his area which is one of the reasons behind our terrible record at corners. His instant decision making is erratic, he comes flying out too early at times then stays on his 6 yard line too much as he's unsure what to do. And unfortunately his distribution is now typically overhit to the opposition.
At the start i thought he would grow to being an everton great but completely unconvinced now

But.....
I wouldnt be getting rid of him just now.
Im hoping Carlo and his coaching team can spend time working on him, he comes across as outwardly confident and headstrong but like most keepers that are prone to lapses in concentration he could well be overthinking everything. De Gea was arguably best GK in prem two seasons ago and his form plummeted.. he definitely needs a break and with us letting Lossl go it doesnt give us that opportunity.
Cant think of many GK's available though that i can say are top class.

But.....
I wouldnt be getting rid of him just now.
Im hoping Carlo and his coaching team can spend time working on him, he comes across as outwardly confident and headstrong but like most keepers that are prone to lapses in concentration he could well be overthinking everything. De Gea was arguably best GK in prem two seasons ago and his form plummeted.. he definitely needs a break and with us letting Lossl go it doesnt give us that opportunity.
Cant think of many GK's available though that i can say are top class.

The GK coach is Alan Kelly, nothing changed on that score.

Status
Not open for further replies.