2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would cost that much as that's the starting rate for any decent keeper. Add that Burnley won't want to sell, he's English, and he's premiership standard...
Ok, fair enough. Imagine having Heaton and Pope to choose from, luxury indeed. And we have?

Mismanagement (by various hapless individuals) doesn’t come close to describing what’s gone on at Everton in the last 5 or so years. Part of me says “if we were relegated, could we come back stronger?” This mid-table tedium year after year is soul destroying.

If you're good at your job then you can get away with acting like a tit, unfortunately for Pickford he's not good at his job.
Sometimes I don't mind his antics. Like his wild celebrations if he saves a pen, I like to see that. I don't know if he let the fans get to him on Saturday or if he was just acting like a knob head on purpose, but whatever his intentions when he was laughing and pulling faces it's him who ended up looking the divvy.

Ok, fair enough. Imagine having Heaton and Pope to choose from, luxury indeed. And we have?

Mismanagement (by various hapless individuals) doesn’t come close to describing what’s gone on at Everton in the last 5 or so years. Part of me says “if we were relegated, could we come back stronger?” This mid-table tedium year after year is soul destroying.

I understand your frustration but never want to go through Wimbledon and Coventry again.

If we were to be relegated, I can see us doing a 'Leeds' and not getting back anytime soon at all.

The situation is, I think, recoverable but it needs some brutal and decisive leadership from the top down.

And I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

That swagger.

I could understand that for most people it would perhaps be an attempt at bravado if you, a Sunderland fan, had made a mistake against Newcastle.

However, I simply think that in Jordan's case he is showing another example of him being an immature, half-witted individual who is akin to a cocky teenager.

Personally, I do think there's a good keeper still in him but the whole World Cup escapade combined with a lack of competition here has meant it's gone to his head.

With regards to Heaton, well I would have him as quick as a flash if the money was right as he's a very capable keeper - but I doubt it will be.

Derailed the season again, a win would of had us 4 points off 7th and Europa league. It would of give us something to cheer for these last few games. Now it's just a miserable season getting dragged out to the bitter end.
15th place here we come.

Not even joking. No chance we finish 7th - 10th anyway, not with the home games we've still got, plus traveling to Spurs.

If we were relegated we'd never come back

I could understand that for most people it would perhaps be an attempt at bravado if you, a Sunderland fan, had made a mistake against Newcastle.

However, I simply think that in Jordan's case he is showing another example of him being an immature, half-witted individual who is akin to a cocky teenager.

Personally, I do think there's a good keeper still in him but the whole World Cup escapade combined with a lack of competition here has meant it's gone to his head.

With regards to Heaton, well I would have him as quick as a flash if the money was right as he's a very capable keeper - but I doubt it will be.

Nailed it

Status
Not open for further replies.