2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave him credit for his game in the Anfield Derby and always acknowledge his good games, the Liverpool cock up was one a ten year old would have been ashamed of, at the end of the Anfield game Jordan said it was just our bad luck against Liverpool, no it wasn’t it goalkeeping at it’s worse.

I might be in the minority but I actually think his error against Liverpool was more unlucky than horrific goal keeping. It was a complete fluke mid hit by Van Dijk. It looked like it was going to bounce on the top of the bar so Pickford went to make sure that exactly what happened wouldn’t happen with the ball bouncing on the bar then dropping down. He tried to go for it but ended up hitting the underside of the bar and the ball went where it went. Immediately afterwards the likes of Carragher jumped on it as a howler but if he’d done nothing I’m not convinced that the ball might not have just done the same regardless.

It was a sheer fluke mis-hit by Van Dijk, just pure kopite luck, it was obviously high profile but you’ll see worse mistakes than that every single week. Howard made far far more against Liverpool yet didn’t get anything like the stick. His positioning for Gerrard’s direct free kick was a dereliction off duty, as was his foul on Kuyt, Robles walking across the line as Mane’s shot went in was almost comedy, as was when he allowed Origis shot in the middle of the goal to fly in, Gueye trying to tackle Coutinho in the same game was shameful also. None of these players get it in the neck though.

What about Gomes or Fellaini missing from practically on the goal line? Or Distin teeing up Suarez? Coleman needlessly giving away the free kick Carrol scored from?

Barely mentioned anymore, but some people like to have a dig at Pickford. He’s the man who cost Liverpool the league.

I might be in the minority but I actually think his error against Liverpool was more unlucky than horrific goal keeping. It was a complete fluke mid hit by Van Dijk. It looked like it was going to bounce on the top of the bar so Pickford went to make sure that exactly what happened wouldn’t happen with the ball bouncing on the bar then dropping down. He tried to go for it but ended up hitting the underside of the bar and the ball went where it went. Immediately afterwards the likes of Carragher jumped on it as a howler but if he’d done nothing I’m not convinced that the ball might not have just done the same regardless.

It was a sheer fluke mis-hit by Van Dijk, just pure kopite luck, it was obviously high profile but you’ll see worse mistakes than that every single week. Howard made far far more against Liverpool yet didn’t get anything like the stick. His positioning for Gerrard’s direct free kick was a dereliction off duty, as was his foul on Kuyt, Robles walking across the line as Mane’s shot went in was almost comedy, as was when he allowed Origis shot in the middle of the goal to fly in, Gueye trying to tackle Coutinho in the same game was shameful also. None of these players get it in the neck though.

What about Gomes or Fellaini missing from practically on the goal line? Or Distin teeing up Suarez? Coleman needlessly giving away the free kick Carrol scored from?

Barely mentioned anymore, but some people like to have a dig at Pickford. He’s the man who cost Liverpool the league.

Saint Domingo if you thought that goal was a fluke, fair enough, the ball from Van Dijk could have gone anywhere, but it could, should have been dealt with much better than it was in my opinion and I certainlydon’t go out of my way to pick on Jordan, I’ll be honest and don’t think he’s a great goalkeeper, he’s a very good shot stopper, and hopefully he will continue to improve, right now if a club came in and offered a good profit on what we paid for him I’d hope Everton would jump at it.

Tim Howard was never decent mate, and please don’t say I’m “remembering him at the end” I hated having him as gk the whole time he was here. He never had any “southall games” where you walked away from the match thinking “ we would have been battered if it wasn’t for him” I remember a really good save against saints and a 0-0 with spurs when I thought he earned us the points , martyn done it, Pickford has done it , even steak against city has done it. Howard was weak on long shots, bad at 1 on 1 , he made lots of saves that you would expect and none of the ones that were difficult but possible. Really really ordinary keeper.
He's my avatar. The peno save that got us to that final.

Saint Domingo if you thought that goal was a fluke, fair enough, the ball from Van Dijk could have gone anywhere, but it could, should have been dealt with much better than it was in my opinion and I certainlydon’t go out of my way to pick on Jordan, I’ll be honest and don’t think he’s a great goalkeeper, he’s a very good shot stopper, and hopefully he will continue to improve, right now if a club came in and offered a good profit on what we paid for him I’d hope Everton would jump at it.
And then buy who? there are three better keeper in the Premier League, if we sold him its back to looking around for the next up coming keeper, we have enough to do in the market as it is without adding to it.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, the Pickford goal was an error, but it was an error caused by absolute luck. If VVD's ball is 6 inches in any other direction, or hit normally, it's not a goal.

In fairness, the Swiss are not a 3rd rate team. They may not be fashionable, but they are currently ranked 8th in the world standings, qualified for the last 4 of this competition, have qualified for the last 4 world cups and 3 of the last 4 Euros, and for much of the game were the better team in their match against eventual winners Portugal.
Im not saying this to be mean, but England is ranked 4th. In other words, being ranked 8th isnt very impressive. Its also bs, the Swiss arent better than the Spanish, for example.

did he though? what period/games was this then?

he had a couple of poor games throughout the season but was solid overall and finished the season brilliantly
He was utterly appalling after the derby. That Tottenham home game was probably the worst goalkeeping performance I've ever seen from an Everton keeper.

Honestly not really bothered what he does for England. The fact is he had a very long period of performing poorly last season. He has to be a lot better next season.
Which was the long period where he played badly
Do you have stats to back it up
Remember ( if you can be bothered to get facts) the worst work we had the whole defenders were crap ... show me a keeper who can survive behind a defender that has no confidence or ability to deal with dead balls

And then buy who? there are three better keeper in the Premier League, if we sold him its back to looking around for the next up coming keeper, we have enough to do in the market as it is without adding to it.
You could be right, it’s just honestly I don’t think Jordan is going to get any better than he is, and any offer over £50M would be well worth taking, in my opinion. You’re obvious reply would be, why do I think any club would offer that amount if I don’t rate him that highly, well his stock has raised after yesterday and there is always one club who think he is worth that, and Man Unt could be that club if they sell their Spanish keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.