2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford has weaknesses...

Dodgy on crosses & does not control his own six yard box..

Panics & makes rash decisions sending indecision through the whole defence...

Question marks over his mentality & overall intelligence...

Over reacts to saves making them look spectacular when it's a routine stop...

Dropping him for few games might make him mature into a better responsible keeper...

Unfortunately I doubt a spell on the sidelines will change anything. I think he'll go through his entire career being the way he is. He can't change his personality. It sounds awful but I don't think he's clever enough. He acts purely on instinct, whenever he has to engage his brain it ends badly.

I've always been a fan but he was poor today. And his attitude towards their fans only served to get the crowd going more. He needs to focus. Not convinced by him in the slightest anymore. He's lucky to be England's no. 1.

An absolute poison chalice that is with the rest of the team playing well. Henry Winter and the boys will crucify him when the mistakes come in an England shirt.

Or he’s overcompensating for an underlying lack of confidence ?

Either way I can see him getting the boot for Heaton for the next Ingerland game.

Shame we haven’t got an able replacement too.
I don’t think he’s lacking confidence to be honest.

And hey, unless that young Portuguese lad gets a go, how will we know? And I’d prefer to try him over Stekelenburg.

I’d say immature rather than stupid.
Immature to me is making rational decisions at the wrong time - experiance can iron that out; I see Pickford making irrational decisions. That's a lot harder to combat. The lad just isn't on the same page as everyone else. We surely all see that now.

I predict by end of next season he's playing for another club and out of the England set up.

A meteoric rise and a meteoric fall.

TBH, I dont care what happens to him; I just want him out of Everton.

Drop him until end of the season. Give the Portuguese lad a go. Go after Heaton or Pope or a bigger name from abroad in the summer. Wolves got European Champion Patricio for less then 20m, whereas we got this chump for 30m.
Every time I see and hear that I have to count to ten.

It's unbelievable that daft get Koeman threw that sort of cash down the toilet for a bellend like Pickford.

Immature to me is making rational decisions at the wrong time - experiance can iron that out; I see Pickford making irrational decisions. That's a lot harder to combat. The lad just isn't on the same page as everyone else. We surely all see that now.

I predict by end of next season he's playing for another club and out of the England set up.

A meteoric rise and a meteoric fall.

TBH, I dont care what happens to him; I just want him out of Everton.
I disagree but fair enough.

He’s well out of form though.

Every time I see and hear that I have to count to ten.

It's unbelievable that daft get Koeman threw that sort of cash down the toilet for a bellend like Pickford.
Koeman obviously oked it but I've no doubt Pickford was Walsh's pick. When Jordan's caché was at an all time high after the world cup Walsh came out of the woodwork to claim credit in the media. I don't expect to see him do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.