2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen the goals now and the pen properly. Really really poor performance

He can have no complaints if he's on the bench next game though 100% it won't be on Silva's mind to drop him.

His head went completely, he let the fat, skin-painted weirdos bother him too much and got cocky after our 2nd goal. If we had an even half-decent understudy I'd drop him, even just as a short-term thing to give him a kick up the arse. Anfield was complete freak incident, it was hard to hold that against him and the odd error has to be expected. Today was just utterly unacceptable, was literally like a little boy showing off in the school yard who doesn't know when to quit.

As I said after the derby, if the manager selects him again next week after such a woeful match, then it shows the woeful culture we have.

You need to set standards where players feel they are under pressure to perform. If Pickford retains his place then it tells him there are basically no circumstances where he will be benched.

It worries me that no one at the club seems to have realised goalkeeper is right up our priorities first this summer window.

As a goalkeeper he needs to be totally focussed on his game, even more so than other players. Opposition fans shouldn’t be getting to him and he shouldn’t even be aware of the cameras, let alone be messing around with them. It genuinely makes you think how much stuff he’s just done for the cameras and other people rather than for the team.

What he’s succeeded in doing now is ostracise himself with what can be one of the most merciless fan bases in world football and he is going to have to move heaven and earth to get them back on side.

As I said after the derby, if the manager selects him again next week after such a woeful match, then it shows the woeful culture we have.

You need to set standards where players feel they are under pressure to perform. If Pickford retains his place then it tells him there are basically no circumstances where he will be benched.

It worries me that no one at the club seems to have realised goalkeeper is right up our priorities first this summer window.

It would probably surprise Pickford if we looked to replace him but he can't have any complaints.

His temperament is shocking for a goalkeeper. As is his ability to do the most basic of things. If there's a decision to make you can bank on him making the wrong one.

I gave him credit for having a good game last week. But the first thing that came into my mind was that he's probably going to have a shocker now after two straight clean sheets. And so it proved. That's not what you expect from a top keeper. That's what you expect from a bang average keeper.

His fundamentals are not there. The flashy saves for the cameras will never make up for lacking the basic awareness, decision making and handling skills required in top flight football.

I'm not in the Pickford out camp cause I don't mind keeping him but I'm not surprised he's like this, The WC turned him into a right cocky guy and he thinks he's world class, He needs bringing down a peg or two because I don't know why he thinks so highly of himself when he's dropping clangers, Sort yourself out lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.