2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m beginning to miss Jan Mucha with the way he’s playing ,I bet there is 5-6 goalies in the bottom half of the Bundesliga who would all be an improvemebt on Pickford this season,not denying his talent but he makes us a bit of a laughing stock with some of his antics and he doesn’t seem to care when he makes them either,like it’s all a big joke

God, I hope Brands enda this Pickopalypse come summer. Jordan needs to go, he isnt just making the mistakes of a youngish goalkeeper, he is holding us back as a team. First he killed our season at the rs, then he does this when we finally get some confidence back. How anyone could ever have defended this utter fool is beyond me. He was horrible for Sunderland, like really bad. Doing the same here shouldnt shock anyone really, he was garbage last season and is keeping his level.
Maybe we can finally put this ragnarock of a keeper to bed, and all agree that ‘player of the year’ awards handed out by Everton are obviously worthless. Or are people still saying he was amazing last year, even tho his current stats are better than last seasons? He’s better now than the season he won player of the year. How amazing is that lads :)
Should never have signed him.

I wonder if the club will say anything about this calmity. They should throw Pickford under the bus and move on.

Last edited:
He was hardly a hero last week, he was for once solid and did his job, I wouldn't equate that with heroics but with what I would expect from a supposedly top keeper 9 games out of 10

That's just revisionism, and even so you make my point for me.

Keepers might earn or cost you ± 10 points in a season. Yet your apparent benchmark for general 'solidity' and 'job-doing' is him earning us roughly 30-35.

@sageyefc was 100% correct when he questioned how we could make him our player of the season when he’d conceded that amount of goals.
A blind man could see how wild that decision was. He didnt win it because of his skills, thats obvious. He was bad last season too, I dont understand why people cling to this myth that he was great. He wasnt.

Just watched MOTD and got over the shock of us being on first!
I can't get over how awful Pickford was in so many ways. He needs to be dropped right now after that truly awful display.
Any keeper should be sent off for what he did to give the penalty away. What a non-sensical rule that 'the penalty is enough'.
Should have been sent off, yes. Its a weird thing to say, but had our keeper been sent off yesterday, I think we would have won the game.

God, I hope Brands enda this Pickopalypse come summer. Jordan needs to go, he isnt just making the mistakes of a youngish goalkeeper, he is holding us back as a team. First he killed our season at the rs, then he does this when we finally get some confidence back. How anyone could ever have defended this utter fool is beyond me. He was horrible for Sunderland, like really bad. Doing the same here shouldnt shock anyone really, he was garbage last season and is keeping his level.
Maybe we can finally put this ragnarock of a keeper to bed, and all agree that ‘player of the year’ awards handed out by Everton are obviously worthless. Or are people still saying he was amazing last year, even tho his current stats are better than last seasons? He’s better now than the season he won player of the year. How amazing is that lads :)
Should never have signed him.

I wonder if the club will say anything about this calmity. They should throw Pickford under the bus and move on.
He was awful last season as well it's just that his basic errors where not as high profile

That's just revisionism, and even so you make my point for me.

Keepers might earn or cost you ± 10 points in a season. Yet your apparent benchmark for general 'solidity' and 'job-doing' is him earning us roughly 30-35.
Again I don't equate pickford doing his job as 'earning us points' every time he makes a routine stop he hasn't earned us points anymore than a defender making a tackle or a midfielder making a pass. He had a solid game, no more no less

I've defended him to a degree, but no keeper in the top 4 divisions would have dropped that cross when he gave the penalty away. Reminds me of Richard Wright. He should definitely be dropped, and given some games for the Under 23s to see if he can gain consistency. We need a reliable goalie and he isn't it.

I've defended him to a degree, but no keeper in the top 4 divisions would have dropped that cross when he gave the penalty away. Reminds me of Richard Wright. He should definitely be dropped, and given some games for the Under 23s to see if he can gain consistency. We need a reliable goalie and he isn't it.
Richard Wright is a good call but I'd go back further: Pickford is the new Dai 'The Drop' Davies.

We have a DoF who had seen Everton before arriving here and certainly watched the first half of the season calamities from Pickford.

Brands also needs to take responsibility for not recognising Pickford needed an able deputy to come in and give him something to think about and fill that void up between his ears.

That was then, this is now though. Now we need Pickford sold and another first team keeper.

No ifs or buts. It's happened too many times to be a coincidence. He\'s appalling and he will never ever learn because he's a man-child Gazza type.

Status
Not open for further replies.