2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bard says it best.......”the evil that men do lives after them....the good is oft interred with their bones” (Marc Antony speaking at Julius Caesar’s funeral).

Thus in years to come Jordan Pickford will be remembered mainly for one thing, no matter what he achieves here, if owt.

Just as Sandy Brown is remembered for scoring own goals in derbies rather than being a fine club servant.

And Gary Lineker is remembered more for missing a sitter at Oxford than for the forty goals he actually did score.

:)

Liverpool have lost 1 game in the League but it's our Jordans howler that wins them the title, thats a bit of a stretch even for GOT.

He literally gifted them 2 points they wouldn’t have otherwise.. luckily the gap is currently 4 so it is inconsequential, but if it drops to 2 or below..

He literally gifted them 2 points they wouldn’t have otherwise.. luckily the gap is currently 4 so it is inconsequential, but if it drops to 2 or below..

But equally if we draw or beat city that has just a big an effect on them winning the title.

So by that logic we should throw that game even if it means us potentially missing out on Europe!?

What about Mahrez skying the penalty at the pit. Thats 3 points, or maybe the other times they didn't win. I agree Pickfords error has helped them massively and properly done us over but to say if they win it is down to Pickford alone is ridiculous.

Again, their whole season revolves around that 96th minute goal does it, what an absolute crock of poo. 38 games in a season but 3 points gained against us is the clincher, jesus.
What about Mahrez skying the penalty at the pit. Thats 3 points, or maybe the other times they didn't win. I agree Pickfords error has helped them massively and properly done us over but to say if they win it is down to Pickford alone is ridiculous.
But equally if we draw or beat city that has just a big an effect on them winning the title.

So by that logic we should throw that game even if it means us potentially missing out on Europe!?

The team with the most points wins the league, so yes the extra points gained against us may be pivotal. You can review the 38 games at the end of the season and decide in which games the Champions were the better team and on which occasions they were lucky and of course the champions will be the better team the majority of the time. Take City last year as an example, they romped it by a wide margin and if you look at the results you would say they were the best team in the league most weeks and deserved it as no other team came close. However if Liverpool win it by a small margin then they may be the best team overall, but there is another team that has ran them close all the way and is as good or very close to being as good as the champions. In this scenario Mahrez's penalty and Pickford's howler will both be remembered as pivotal moments and potentially the difference between the two sides that year, just like Stevie G's slip will be remembered as the difference in 13/14.

Last edited:
Again if Liverpool win the league ,it wont be because of the pickford thing against Liverpool,it will be because of the 3 defeats in 4 games for city in December,and again city were still ahead of Liverpool after the derby and that is the part people dont seem to take in,so its all on city,plus before once again someone says that set liverpool off on there run etc,they had won 10 from 13 games previously to the derby so it was not like they had not won before they played us-

This is like the way Bolton fans go on about been relegated when southall was barged over in the Bolton game,when that was about the 3rd/4th game,they had the rest of the season to get out and not use something from 8/9 months before as the reason they didnt stay up

If we draw or beat City?? Pickford can do something to redeem himself a bit and make sure we dont!

Again if Liverpool win the league ,it wont be because of the pickford thing against Liverpool,it will be because of the 3 defeats in 4 games for city in December,and again city were still ahead of Liverpool after the derby and that is the part people dont seem to take in,so its all on city,plus before once again before someone says that set liverpool off on there run etc,they had won 10 from 13 games previously to the derby so it was not like they had not won before they played us-

This is like the way Bolton fans go on about been relegated when southall was barged over in the Bolton game,when that was about the 3rd/4th game,they had the rest of the season to get out and not use something from 8/9 months before as the reason they didnt stay up

A bit of radical thinking has led me to believe that every dropped point contributes to where anyone finishes, how any are more or less important than any others is a concept my tiny brain can't get it's head around. 38 games and they're picking out our game as the reason the RS potentially win the League. Doesn't make any sense to me like, points are points are points.

The Bard says it best.......”the evil that men do lives after them....the good is oft interred with their bones” (Marc Antony speaking at Julius Caesar’s funeral).
Thus in years to come Jordan Pickford will be remembered mainly for one thing, no matter what he achieves here, if owt.

Just as Sandy Brown is remembered for scoring own goals in derbies rather than being a fine club servant.

And Gary Lineker is remembered more for missing a sitter at Oxford than for the forty goals he actually did score.

:)

The game he forgot to take his own boots too, that's all he is known for! achieved nothing, unlike the season before and the one after

A bit of radical thinking has led me to believe that every dropped point contributes to where anyone finishes, how any are more or less important than any others is a concept my tiny brain can't get it's head around. 38 games and they're picking out our game as the reason the RS potentially win the League. Doesn't make any sense to me like, points are points are points.
They have played another 21 games, i find it odd everyone saying the Pickford mistake got them to the top of the league, even if it didn't happen they would still be on top on merit.

They have been the most consistent team over the season so far and that shows with their top position in the league.

Yes, definitely. 9 blammos for City if necessary

Ironically, we can unintentionally throw the game by starting with Pickford in goal

Status
Not open for further replies.