2: Coleman
3: Kenny

So in theory, if we want to upgrade at right back with strength in depth then:

A: We need a new right back meaning:

1: New player
2: Sidibe
3: Coleman
4: Kenny

Then on paper the logical thing to do would be to sign Sidibe and sell Coleman and Kenny.

B: If we did (A) then would you be comfortable with Sidibe as backup/rotation? Hes either going to be brilliant or awful.

I think you need consistency as a backup (as baines has shown in his cameos) who can be relied upon to fill in. Or someone with potential who can gain experience.

C: if instead we didnt keep Sidibe but sold Kenny then we would have:

1: New Player
2: Coleman

Would you be keen on Coleman as a back up option? He has the same up/down performances as Sidibe and hasnt been the same player since his injury + is picking up more injuries.

So im saying that what we ideally need is a new right back to be signed + to find a solution where we have either someone to come in and do ok and get game time developing OR someone who can deliver solid 6/10 performances every game.
The most logical thing is to sell Kenny, return Sidney, buy a Right Back, keep Coleman as back up and then hope that John or somebody can kick on.

Keeping Kenny does nothing, assuming hes not the answer, you admit yourself that hes not as good as Coleman, so why would we keep a lesser player?

You keep claiming Coleman gives us 2/10 out of performances, which he clearly never has, after injury Coleman is a 6-8/10 player, before his injury he was a 8-10/10.

Coleman is nowhere near as bad as you claim, hes just simply not the same player he was 5 years ago.

Also, Carlo isn’t selling the club captain ahead of his first full season. This isn’t FIFA.

Kenny isn’t good enough, neither is Sidibe. It has to be keep Coleman as backup and buy a new RB for me.

Why is every player we have either "badly gash" or the second coming? Kenny's alright. Coleman's on the slide and can't keep going forever and Sidibe is a winger playing right back. I don't know how much money we have but I'm pretty sure we aren't going to buy a goalkeeper, two centre halves, two central midfielders, a right winger, a centre forward and a right back. We have two right backs that can do a job for a season, send Sidibe back to Monaco and buy a baller in midfield.

I think he is highly rated at the club, I think the loan deal to a club like Schalke is proof of that rather than sending him to a Championship club.

I think the loan was an exercise in exercise in establishing the level that he was capable of playing at. He may be a good player and maybe even a Premiership player but maybe not a player capable of playing at the highest level of the Premiership. That was the purpose of the loan.
I think there is little doubt he will end up playing at a high level for the rest of his career.

It seems strange to me the amount of criticism he got for his performance last Saturday but Todibo is still seen as a great prospect even though he was far worse.
I would not write off either player after playing against one of the better teams in Europe.

I watched Mason Holgate a few times with WBA last season playing on the right side of their defence and I honestly could not see in him the level that he has reached this season.
Everyone always hates on the youths, and I genuinely cannot understand it.

It was not long ago that even suggesting Big Dom as an option at CF would have gotten you nothing but ridicule from the fan base on this forum. Then this year he's gone on and averaged 1 goal in 2 games over the length of the EPL season.

Same can be said for Mason Holgate. The Everton faithful on this forum had completely written him off on the back of his performances at West Brom, and fast forward to this season he has been by far our best CB.

The way this trend has played out I cannot help but feel Kenny is due for a big year at Everton.
I would rather sniff the arseholes of half the posters in this thread than read their opinons!! :eek: lol

I'd give Kenny the first half of next season as first choice if he's good enough keep him as first choice. If he does ok keep him as back up. If he stinks the place out move him on.

Problem is that if we keep him as 1st choice and he doesnt cut the mustard then Coleman plays...

Also, Carlo isn’t selling the club captain ahead of his first full season. This isn’t FIFA.

Kenny isn’t good enough, neither is Sidibe. It has to be keep Coleman as backup and buy a new RB for me.

Okay, but who? No good just saying that unless you have some one in mind who we can discuss.

He wont sell him but would bench him indefinitely? Sound logic.

Problem is that if we keep him as 1st choice and he doesnt cut the mustard then Coleman plays...

I can cope with Coleman and Kenny being the RBs next season. Maybe by the end of the season Kyle John may have forced himself into the picture. There is other areas I would rather deal with this summer however if we got a decent offer for Kenny that would create the funds for us to bring someone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.